• Only when signing my name.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait, how do you type on a pen?

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other, please explain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andrew_K99

Being a pen making forum I've often wondered just how often others use the pens they've made.

Are you like me and don't really use them that much (working at a computer all day, owning an iPhone and an iPad doesn't help)? Or do you use them frequently and ignore modern luxuries?

AK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

I work at a reception desk at the hospital checking in patients etc. I use a pen all the time. I use some I have made and sell them to people that make comments. I just sold a bolt action pen to a gentleman who was here and ask about the pen I was using. He purchased the pen for a friend. I keep some sleeves in my desk so they look professional when I give them to the costumer.

underdog

I used a Presidential every day for years, in the shop, at home, at work, at work in the shop, at church...

Now I have one of those Liberty pens with the Easyflow Schmidt 9000M, and can't put it down. It looks so good and writes so nice...

IPD_Mr

I think a better question or maybe a question for down the road is how often do you use a pen to write a letter, address an envelope or any other number of things that we did with pens before the internet.

mwhatch

I work as a quality assurance technician. Even with the computers, their is still a lot of paperwork by hand. I always have one of my pens in my pocket.

Morton

mrcook4570

I use a pen frequently throughout the day - jotting down notes, ideas, records, shopping lists, etc. As much as I hate to admit it, more often than not I find myself writing with a refill. All of my pens stay on my desk, but I am rarely there when I need to write something down. Refills, on the other hand, are everywhere.

76winger

I fill out forms at work, follow checklists, initial recipt and pickup of items, etc. So I use one frequently at work.

I keep one one I made on display and use it sometimes, but because I'm in a locked area where everyone knows it's one I made, it doesn't get used or taken anywhere else. I also use a cheap marketing pen because I like the suppler, but I've long since replaced the cartridge with an Easyflow 9000. :)

Andrew_K99

I think a better question or maybe a question for down the road is how often do you use a pen to write a letter, address an envelope or any other number of things that we did with pens before the internet.
I agree mike, I am interested in both how often and how much people use them but didn't want to put too much in the poll.

The results thus far surprise me, I didn't think vast majority would say they use a pen frequently throughout the day.

AK

woodwzrd

I use a PSI Executive wrapped in Paduk with a black Parker gel refill every day. It is in my hand about as much as it is in my pocket. I use it for everything from filling out run sheets at work to addressing envelopes to pay bills at home to taking notes at school.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I use the modern conveniences, PCs and my SP, but I use a pen daily. I have to write down stuff I see on the MCs because I have CRS. Also the pen comes in handy when mixing a new recipe of PR, till I see if it's acceptable then enter it on the PC.

Haha, I love the "how do you type on a pen" option. I am not the person that voted for that though. I use one frequently for meetings and to show them in order to get the word out. I don't write letters much as I am not a big fan of a lot of writing, ironically though I love writing with the pens I and others make! I didn't like that much before either, but making pens has changed that. Eventually, I may even like writing letters!

Penultimate

My frequently used writing instrument is a custom iPad stylus. I take most of my notes on an iPad. I like the ability to carry all my various project notes in one easy to find place.I carry a "Zen" but use it infrequently.

Curly

I work as a quality assurance technician. Even with the computers, their is still a lot of paperwork by hand. I always have one of my pens in my pocket.

Morton

Me too! :) Longwood click for over a year made with a blank by "she whom must not be named". Had at least 4 refills through it if not more.

When the weight of the paper exceeds the weight of the aircraft It is ready to fly. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I still write notes to myself and do arithmetic using a pen (no I don't make mistakes and need to erase). I also sometimes use a pen solving soduko puzzles.

azamiryou

Shopping list, to-do list, jotting things in my wall calendar.

Also when making pens I constantly make notes of materials, prices, caliper-measured dimensions, time spent, etc.

For sketching designs, I use a pencil.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Morton

Me too! :) Longwood click for over a year made with a blank by "she whom must not be named". Had at least 4 refills through it if not more.

When the weight of the paper exceeds the weight of the aircraft It is ready to fly. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!
Hmmmm....wouldn't that be "she who must not be named?" Of course you folks in Canada talk funny anyway.:biggrin:

Top Bottom