Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Over 20

Votes: 50 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Has "dial-up" really bitten the dust?

Are some of us still downloading at the speed of a tortoise?

Go here, you will get your "upload" speed and "download" speed. Let's concentrate on the "download" (tells you how fast the internet information comes to your computer).

Wait for "BEGIN TEST" to appear, then "click on" it. The download number is the first number it displays after the test begins.

Ed

BTW, I left the results visible so you can all see how your connection is, compared with others---but please be honest on YOUR speed.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dbarrash

Just switched from 1.5 DSL Now over 50 with Comcast

Dave

See attached MyComcast.jpg

Scruffy

I have lived in different areas of the country.

Texas, Conn., Iowa, Arizona, Alabama, ... but one was thing has always been consistent.

Cox cable has been the worse cable delivery service in what ever area I lived. One of the things they advertised download speeds (their upload speeds were the pits), they advertised their choices (their up time was horrible), their service... if we come out to your house it is going to cost you no matter what.

Luckily I do not have Cox now. Unfortunately where that has been true, they eventually bought the cable company I was using (sighhhhhhh)

For those of you with Cox, I understand your pain.

Brooks803

I'm between 17-18 using mobile hotspot on my Verizon phone. It's the only internet available for now. Atlantic broadband JUST ran lines down our road this week. Not quite ready to try them out yet. I haven't ungraded my phone in over a year so I'm still on the unlimited data plan. Gonna milk that for as long as I can.

Besides...I have no trouble playing call of duty so I'm just dandy!

Last edited:

Sataro

1.43 Mbps & this came out as a good speed tonight... I cannot complain though. Living in a rural area does not leave many options available. To get this speed, I've got a 35 foot tower & shooting a wireless signal about 12 miles.

Justturnin

Man seeing these folks with the awesome speeds w/ TWC/Comcast is awesome. I miss my cable. I am only getting 6.5MBPS w/ my U-Verse. I don't think I need any faster but it sure is good to have it when you do. 80% of my Internet is VPN for work and the rest is my forums...which I also log into over the VPN. :)

jyreene

26 on Comcast.

I do know of a two places where I was lucky to get above 3 kps and 23 kps respectively. One makes sense, on a ship in the middle of the Horn of Africa, and the other doesn't but I know why, on base in the hotel (reason was they shared ONE DSL connection between 140 rooms!

Top Bottom