Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by esheffield
<br />
Originally posted by KKingery
<br />Just wanted to say - what a difference my new dust collector makes! No mess all over the floor, etc....well worth the investment.
Haha, we seem to be on parallel courses. I just picked up the HF 2HP dust collector last week as well. Local store wanted $229, but they matched the web price with a printout of the listing, no questions asked. Chose it based on some very good reviews I've found online. I did replace the bags before I even fired it up. One recomendation was for the Grizzly 3 micron bags, so I got one for the top and a heavy plastic bag for the bottom. Works great! Haven't set it up for use with the lathe yet, but hooked it to my table saw and cut some MDF and it caught probably 90% or more of the dust. Only dust that escaped was what came off the top of the blade. Also tried it with my new Delta 2 speed planer (can you tell I just got my tax refund? [:D]) virtually nothing escaped it. Maybe 10 chips, literally. I'm already convinced it's one of the best purchases I've made. [:)]
I also have the harbor freight (central machinery) 2HP dust collector. I paid $160 for it, and haven't looked back. I have it on the second floor of my garage/workshop, and the 1600CFM works so well, I ran overhead plumbing to all my major tools. The 70 gal bag takes awhile to fill up, even when I'm doing a lot of planing. I'm not usually an advocate of cheap tools, but this one is worth alot more than I paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom