Do you visit IAP from your phone? (Site upgrade reaserch)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

What smart phone platform(s) do you visit IAP with? You can choose more than one

• iPhone/iPad (i know, iPad is not a phone)

Votes: 45 25.7%
  • Android

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • Blackberry

Votes: 19 10.9%
  • Windows Mobile

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Other (please explain below)

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • None

Votes: 71 40.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Doing a little research for a future IAP upgrade for smart phone users. Do you visit IAP from a smart phone, and if so, which platform(s)

micharms

I don't visit using a smartphone but along a similar vein I use an iPad when I am not at my computer. One of the issues I find is that when trying to view attached photos they always appear at the top of the screen and you have to scroll up to them and kinda catch them before they disappear. Don't know whether this is something the possible upgrade would address but it sure would be nice and less frustrating.

Thanks
Michael

bgibb42

I work in construction, so if I want to check in during the day, I have to do it from my iPhone. Usually during lunch.

Chasper

I bought a Droid X because the big screen makes it easier to navigate IAP (and because it is seriously cool handheld). Even with the big screen IAP is a little chunky, a compact IAP app would be great.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I use my Blackberry. It's not ideal, lots of scrolling, but it works in a pinch.:wink:

Mark

I voted None. My cell phone makes and receives calls. That's it.. I access the forum's from my laptop or a PC at work.

Wheaties

I've wished for an android app for IAP, but I can access it without too much trouble from the normal web page on my phone.

capcrnch

Oh please tell me IAP is going to have a WAP option!

I use my Droid once in awhile, but usually just PM's, because the main site gets too hard to read.
With a WAP option, that would solve my problem though!

KD5NRH

Occasionally from an LG GR500 Xenon. Anything that makes it easier would likely encourage me to do that more often.

Does the upgrade include sending all members the latest iPhone? :D

juteck

I've tried it on my iphone, but a mobile base application would be much better -- as a web base, I find that it's far from ideal to view on my iphone

Heck yeah! From my EVO!
That's how I get the great blanks within minutes of being posted! Just scored a scorpion blank that way.

Tapatalk is great! If this forum goes in that direction, you'd probably get more users (don't know how many, though) since Tapatalk advertizes compatable forums on their site.

Last edited:

stolicky

I recently took the plunge into the smart phone world. I have visited IAP a couple of times and thought how great it would be if it was geared towards a mobile platform.

Man, talk about an even greater distraction! : )

JohnU

I'm still learning how to use it but i now come here all the time on my IPhone. Prior to that the Itouch worked just fine. Took some getting used to but totally worth it.

Parson

A mobile version of the site would be greatly appreciated. It's all headed that direction anyway so you might as well anticipate it and add it when you can, even if folks don't use it a lot today. All the younger members who join will be logging onto the forum this way.

Please don't add a forced mobile version.
There are a couple sites out there that 'read' whether you are accessing from a mobile device and force you to it. I'd much rather use the regular version from my EVO. It handles the full internet well.

Hucifer

I never did on my crackberry because the browser sucked. However, I jumped to the Droid, and now I check it all the time since the Droid browser works so well.

I second that... I have a Crackberry Storm and a Droid and the Blackbery browser is lousy. My Droid is great. The few times I have used it, usually in the airport or something, I use it on the Droid.

darrin1200

I currently have a blackberry bold. Not ideal for forums, but works in a pinch. It would be better if it was mobile friendly.
I am really hoping that SWMBO will let me get an IPad. (I think I need to sell a lot more pens).

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom