Do you carry and use one of your pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

I alternate between a couple of CSUSA Artisan Fountain Pens. One is loaded with Noodler's Saguaro Wine, and the other with Nooder's Beaver. Both are almost three years old at this point.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
With over 100 in my collection and about 40 or so around that I made but never sold or gave away, I carry many different pens. Ironicly, at my desk I use almost all pens that were assembled (to check how things fit) without turning the tubes. They write good and I keep exercising the transmissions. My wife is using a Slimline pro that I made several years ago, and it works well. She also talked me out of a Concava.

TimS124

I have a couple cigar pens that I use frequently. They've been refilled with better ink than the kits came with..."Schmidt 9000 Easyflow". Sent one to a buddy that really likes rollerballs and he said it's a pretty close alternative....

The newer one is maybe a year old and the other one is probably 3+ years old.

I carry a sierra with lazerlinez's praying hands gets a lot of attention. I tell people all the time that I will give them the pen if they can tell me the story (myth) of who's hands they are. I have a lot of fun with that also have made a few people upset but we pray about and move on.

Krash

I seem to always carry what I found on the ground (FOG), my bark and yucca pen made from a slimline.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 230

gmcnut

Yes, I carry a slimline I turned from Corian in red, white and blue that I liked the way it turned out so I kept it as my daily driver. :)

lwalper

I've been carrying a segmented slimline. It's just nice to carry something I actually some input on. Today there's a GM Stratus click on a pretty blue stabilized maple burl. It's a little heavy for a shirt pocket, but I like the click mechanism - very smoothe and quiet.

vakmere

I have around 130 pens, all depends on how I feel that morning, thats the one I take.

Krash

I also carry each one of my pens at least once just to see how they sit in my pocket and how comfortable they are to write with. This helps me to get a better feel for weight and profile and what feels good in my hand.

Ice31

I carry and use a bolt action that was a gift from my Dad. His friend makes them and it is what finally pushed me into pen making and wood turning all together

Sprung

I've only turned one pen so far, but I have a small collection of pens that others have made. They were either purchased by me, traded for, or given to me. There are two that are my go-to's for putting in my pocket for the day: a Navigator with Big Leaf Maple Burl or a Slimline with Cherry Burl. I just was given a Jr. Gent I with a real nice piece of Curly Silver Maple with some real nice color/contrast to it that I plan to add to my rotation of EDC.

There's a few more pens that dwell on or near my desk that see frequent use:
Sr. Gent w/ Yellow Cedar Burl (probably my favorite pen to write with)
Jr. Gent I FP w/ Honduran Rosewood Burl
Gatsby w/ Padauk
Mesa w/ Brown Mallee Burl (The first and only pen I've made - just made it on Friday)

nanosec12

I carry a bolt action gun-metal Tec-Pen dressed in redwood lace burl. I made one of commission for a guy that I work with and loved it so much I made another for myself...

Falcon1220

I keep on changing my carry pen from time to time. Started with an aluminum fountain pen I made. Then moved to an Olivewood Vertex click. Then to an Olympian fountain dressed in my own casting of pine cones. Now will be moving on to a Coperhead snakeskin Gatsby I received from Gofer(Bruce Wallace) in the "Pass it forward box #3"

Rick_G

My main carry pen is a black ti Fishers of Men Sierra in BOW. Been carrying it for about 5 or 6 years now. I'm really surprised it hasn't broken as half the time it is in my pants pocket because the shirt I am wearing doesn't have a pocket. As a testament to the CA finish it hardly shows any sign of wear at all yet the black ti finish is nearly worn off. Whatever metal is under the black ti finish is slightly duller than the chrome next to it but still shiny so the pen still looks good. I did modify it last year and added a stylus tip, much easier to hit those little tiny buttons on the tablet.

Last edited:
I always carry at least a pen around with me. It's been a habit of mine ever since and it seems I could not undo it anymore. The pen I carry is something that I made and something that I've been proud of.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
I alternate between a Magnum Bolt Action in Bethlehem Olive Wood with Gun Metal metal parts.
AND
an American Patriot in Chrome with Cherry blank.

I also have a slimline in 24kt with a G Clef (PSI calls it a music clip) clip. Blank is padauk with a purpleheart center band, which resides in my Bugles Across America Bugler's Uniform Shirt.

Last edited:

ELA

I alternate between a Slimline in PineCone with a CA finish and a Pentel pencil in Bloodwood with a French Polish finish.

Sub Vet 10

I carry most of mine on a rotational basis. I'm an Engineer with several other Veterans so the circuit board WSIII and Warfare Badge Euros (NT) are popular and landed a few sales.

tomtedesco

As a retired law enforcement officer I always carry a pen. I carry pens that I am willing to give away to anyone that says it is their birthday or exceptional service at a business. The look on people's faces when you hand them a pen is priceless.

tazhunter0

Carry 3 different Long Clicks ( Antler, Coperhead, Rattlesnake ) and a 308/30.06 bullet pen. I try to rotate them out, but always fall back on my Antler.

epigolucky

I have a success story to share with this. I recently put together one of the biohazard symbol (I work in infectious diseases) laser inlay kits from Kallashan (sp) Woods. During our daily meeting, on of the physicians forgot their pen and asked to borrow one, so I handed her my pen. She was blown away when she saw it, ended up passing it around the room for others to see. Long story short, I ended up selling 6 pens to coworkers and have an order for 2 in progress.

I usually rotate my pens, I've been recently carrying my Jr Gent fountain pen or one of my Wall Street II's.

Mintman

I have 4 that I've been rotating, each with a different ink. 1 El Grande FP, 1 Roman Harvest FP, 1 cappuccino acrylic kitless FP and my latest favorite pictured below. It's a kitless FP with an El Grande section. I intended on swapping the nib for a Bock but the kit nib writes beautifully with no adjustments!

Attachments

• image-821401614.jpg
    image-821401614.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 160
  • image-3305550898.jpg
    image-3305550898.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 156
Top Bottom