Do you carry and use one of your pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

panamag8or

Maybe this one can just stick to pens, and not have the politics that caused the other one to be locked. That said...

I carry a compson with one of my gf's blanks, when I have a shirt with pockets.

England14

Yes I carried a White Tail Deer Antler pen for about twelve years. I just recently made a new one because the one I carried for so long was starting to look a little shabby.

tim self

Depends on where I'm going as to the pen I carry. To an important event it's a JG II, to lodge, a Masonic sierra. Just out and about a rattler slim.

plantman

I usualy don't carry a pen with me, but my wife has 4 or 5 in her purse and one attached to the checkbook. The one on the checkbook gets a lot of exposure to the public eye, if you know what I mean !! Jim S

K-9 Man

Since I am in the Air Force I have a couple of different uniforms I have to wear. In my flight suit, I carry a slimline pen and a slimline pencil. The pen is made of white tail deer antler and has a gold rifle clip with gun metal hardware. The pencil is the first slimline pencil I ever made, over 6 years ago. It is made with a burl I got while stationed in Alaska. In my Airman Battle Dress (ABU) uniform I carry a Big Ben pencil, also made from a burl, and a click power pen made from Tamarind Spalted. On my desk I have a Presimo roller ball and fountain pen made from a stabalized Bukeye Burl. I also have about 6 other various pens from different pen kits.

I get a lot of interest from people once they see my pens.

gordonfraser

I have carried my own kit-less pens for around a month now, to test them and find flaws of which there are many.

I have to say it's wonderful carrying and using a pen made from scratch by me. I feel quite special :)

Tx.slopoke

the first pen i ever made, a slimline woodcrafters promotional, in my shirt pocket and a schetcher in my overalls. the schetcher only last a week or so as someone always buys them. i have learned to make the pencils from materials off the building that i am working on. i recently made one from the demo material at the B.A.M.C. burn ward, but thought who would want to remember that place so i keep it back at the shop.

LeeR

Favorite carry pen is a modified Euro with no center band. Has spalted pecan upper blank, and black acrylic lower. When it gets lost in a shirt, pants, or coat pocket, my next one is a black titanium Virage with deep purple acrylic blank. It is cuurently lost somewhere in house, so I've gone to a Retro ballpoint in crabapple blank from Ausralia. I think I have one more completed pen around here if this latest one goes missing.

New Years resolution has to be getting better of keeping track of pens I carry, in addition to the obvious ones like losing weight, etc.

Kenny Durrant

I carry a slimline with a watermoccasin snake skin inlay on a maple burl body. I always carry a pen everywhere I go to advertise what I do as a hobbie. Someone also once said carry a "Good One" because that's what your doing advertising. Remember you want people to see your best not your mistakes.

Cabhog

I keep all my "first" pens. First of a new style and I keep all mistakes. This gives me a choice of pens to carry on me.

sbwertz

I've been carrying my first mulberry/turquoise slimline for about 2 years now.

Attachments

• _MG_2704.CR2.jpg
    _MG_2704.CR2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

Flaturner

Absolutely!

For everyday use (and I always have a pen on me!) I carry the very first 24K Slimline pen/pencil set I turned from a pair of light/dark PSI EZ Blank Laminates. They look barely OK, but I love them because they were the first. As a substitute teacher, I need something and these fill the bill nicely. Plus the kids love the fact that I made them myself. For special occasions, I carry a 24k Twist Gatsby in White Crushed Pearl.

I generally carry one of two when I have a shirt pocket... the first is an olive wood euro... the first pen I ever made and the second is a deer antler click pen... also the first I made of that style.... this one I've had to chase truckers to their trucks to get back after allowing them to use it to sign off manifests and bills of lading.... both of these pens are more than 10 years old.

polarbear

I alternate between 3 pens . 1st is slimline in black and copper corian. 2nd is an experimental unibody slimline in tulipwood both with copper finish on the metal parts. 3rd is a Gatsby in pauduk. All of them have some flaw that made them unsellable but they were too unique to trash.

kevinh

I normally carry one of my own castings (comfort, jr gent or majestic) every day ... I also have a couple of Dave Herrmann's pens than get into the rotation.

hard hat

I carry several pens in random rotation, two in my work uniform every day.
Work pens are a black Ti hybrid cigar in white M3 and a marksman falcon in M3 damascus, both with easyflow 9000 ink . I carry these because of weight and durability.
For old time sake there is 'old faithful' in the pen pocket but rarely gets used, a gunmetal civil war pen with no clip wrapped in lignum vitae filled with a write-in-the-rain ink stick. She was made way back when in the days before owning a drill press or the means to drill on the lathe.
In my off time I usually carry a marksman falcon in B&W ebony.

RichB

I carry a on piece wood slimline and a special bolt action I made with a .308 shell and projectile. I share the experience of being carried between the two of them, as if they know the difference. Quite often someone will ask a question about the pens.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I often pick one from my collection and carry that. I usually take a modified slimline that has a comfort grip because I blew out the bbl when turning it. It is not perfect but a nice looking pen.

Justturnin

I carry a CSUSA Long Click in Gator Jaw Bone and keep a PSI Cigar Click in my work bag as well. I have been using both daily for over a year.

Russianwolf

Crappy pic but in the office I have this one with me most of the time...

Since it's one of the prototypes for my click pen and one of my Dichroic blanks, it says a lot about me. Hoping to get more work done on the design here shortly.

Attachments

• 20130509_154000 (2).jpg
    20130509_154000 (2).jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 282

Marc

I have quite a few that are my favorites (don't tell the others please!), and I rotate them so that I end up carrying them all at one time or another. Quite a few of these I like to much to sell or give away, some are just too poorly made to show to anyone and these I keep as a reminder of one error or another that I have made, hopefully the reminders will prevent repeating the mistake(s).

Karl_99

I usually carry a new style pen that I made to try it out. By trying them, I can help customers find a pen suitable for them.

My current carry pen features a coin blank by Seamus matched with a black titanium and platinum sierra. I really like it.

76winger

I have about four that I work between and always have one in my pocket. My very first pen, a slimline stays at my home desk and gets regular weekly use and has been going strong since Sept. 2008, when I completed it.

Then I have three different fountain pens I switch between to carry around with me. A PSI Designer with Charoite trustone and 24k finish, An Apollo Infinity with Honduran Rosewood and Gold TN finish and my latest is a Cambridge from Exotics with Sterling Silver and Gold TN finish and a Tigress imported resin blank that really looks stunning.

butchf18a

Always!! Great way to get conversation directed to my pens. Sold many many this way.

Berea European Round Top, Buckeye Burl, highly polished, name engraved and gold in-filled.

Last edited:

ribanett

My Daily Writer

I made this pen over two years ago and carry it everyday. The image is of the Purple Heart Medal and the Vietnam Service Ribbon with my WIA date.
I added the smartphone stylus the first of this year.

Attachments

• LH007.jpg
    LH007.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 225
Top Bottom