Pen/Bottle Stopper Resin Casting Kits for SALE w/ Free Shipping! (32oz or 1 Gallon) - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Old Classifieds Archive
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old Classifieds Archive Threads from closed classifieds forums. For historical reference only.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Default Pen/Bottle Stopper Resin Casting Kits for SALE w/ Free Shipping! (32oz or 1 Gallon)

Turners,
I am offering a fantastic deal to get you started with pen and bottle stopper casting!!
Blessings!
Craig

Description
This starter casting kit has everything you need to start casting some fantastic acrylic pen blanks and large bottle stoppers. If you have been thinking about getting into pen casting this kit makes it easy and affordable. For a limited time free shipping is included saving your time and gas money!

This kit includes Amber Polyester (aka PR) resin which is easy to turn and sand. It is ideal for casting solid color items using the kit’s included paint and mica powder. Cups, Mixing sticks and 3 Types of Molds are included so you can create all types of castings including Bottle Stoppers. To make cleaning up easy we also have included a bottle of "Resin Wash"!!!

NOTE – The amber resin in this kit is NOT CLEAR so you would not use it to cast snake skins or decals. Once you learn with this kit and desire to take on advanced casting you should purchase a clear PR resin such as Silmar41.

Pricing / Ordering Instructions

Pen / Bottle Stopper Casting Kit with 32 oz. of amber casting resin for $45 each which includes, for a limited time, free US ground shipping!!!

For $30 more I will upgrade the kit and replace the 32oz of amber resin with a 1 gallon can of amber resin including extra hardner!!!!

Please post your order below and I will PM you. I will also PM you when I ship your order.

Each Kit Includes:
1ea - Amber Polyester (PR) Casting Resin (32 oz) with hardner
1ea – Bottle Stopper Silicon Mold (approx. 6”x4”x2”)
1ea – Large Plastic container “Block” Mold (3”x5”)
1ea – Small Plastic container “Block” Mold (3”x3”)
20ea – Measuring cups (10oz)
50ea – Mixing cups (3oz)
50ea – Mixing Large Sticks
2ea – Casting Paint (1/4 oz) (random color)
2ea – Casting Mica Powder (3 grams) (random color)
20ea – Mixing Gloves (medium)
1ea – Resin Wash Cleaner (4oz.) (hands, work bench, molds etc)
1ea – “Getting Started in Casting” Step-by-Step Instructions

Q&A
Q - How many bottle stoppers can be cast at a time?
A – 6 stoppers (approx.1-3/4”x
1-3/4”x2” in size)

Q – What is a “Block” Mold?
A – The included plastic container “block” molds are “Tupperware” type containers which you spray with PAM cooking spray before you pour your resin. Once it cures it will 'pop' out and then you simply cut the block of resin into your desired pen blank size. The Small container mold is great for casting a “Sierra” sized blank or if you want to only cast a single pen. The Large container mold is used to cast multiple large sized pens

Q – Do I need to use a release on the molds?
A – Yes, we recommend using PAM cooking spray to prolong the life of the molds. Simply spray it on before pouring and the casts will "pop" right out.

Q – How long will the molds last?
A – The silicon bottle stopper mold should last a good amount of time. With the "Block" plastic container molds you will be able to cast many pens and they are easy and cost effective to replace when needed. Keep in mind the Plastic Block molds are included to get you started quickly. If it turns out that you like casting I recommend that you upgrade to a durable pen silicon mold. The best casting molds available are sold here on IAP. Simply do a search in the business and individual classified sections for "casting mold” to purchase these high quality molds from other IAP members.

Q – Can I pick the paint and mica colors included in the kit?
A – Sorry, no, you cannot pick the colors however you can easily purchase a larger selection of colors from your local hobby store.

Q – What type of Resin is included?
A – Polyester Resin (PR) which is made by Elmer’s Products. The Safety “MSDS” Sheet is attached below the image of the kit. Resin should be stored in a cool place when not being used. Good ventilation and safety is a must when working with any type of resin.

Q – Can I cast other items with this resin?
A – Yes, Pinecones cast fantastic with this amber resin without adding any color. Pouring colored "swirls" of this amber resin into Silmar41 works excellent too!

Q – What is “Resin Wash”?
A – Resin Wash is a safe water based biodegradable liquid which is non flammable. It is used to clean up your hands, workspace and molds. Resin Wash is a safe alternative to other toxic chemicals which are typically used to clean up resin.

Q – What is Silmar41 resin?
A - It is a clear PR resin which is sold by US Composites. It is excellent resin for advanced casting of snake skins, decals and bright colors however it is expensive costing approx. $65 shipped for a gallon.
It makes sense to learn with this amber resin kit rather then wasting the expensive Silmar41 resin. Once you understand the casting principles simply purchase some SIlmar41 to compliment the kit.

Q – Can I mix this kit’s Amber Resin with Silmar41 Resin?
A - YES!! This Amber PR resin mixes great with Clear Silmar41 PR resin which saves you on the cost of using your expensive Clean Silmar41 resin. A few money saving Silmar41 options: #1 - mix both resins together which will create some cool darker shades of colors. #2 – Pour the Amber resin (mixed with a color) into the Clear Silmar41 resin to create cool swirls etc. The bottom line is that you save on the amount of Clear Silmar41 which you end up using!!

Q – Can I upgrade the shipping?
A – No, this kit can only be shipped ground since the resin is flammable.

Q – Do you ship outside the US?
A- We can ship the kit WITHOUT the resin outside the US. Please PM me if interested.

Q – Do you sell the 1 Gallon of Amber Resin separate?
A- Depending on stock, yes, please PM me.

Q – Do you sell “Resin Wash” separate?
A- Depending on stock, yes, please PM me.

Q – Do you sell the Silicon Bottle Stopper molds separate?
A- No, sorry we do not.
Attached Thumbnails
resinkit.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf elmer-resin-msds.pdf (406.7 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by clapiana; 07-06-2011 at 01:23 PM.
clapiana is offline   Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads