What to make

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshib

Was just given this rack as payment for 2 bolt action pens. I have no idea what to make. Too many idea going through my head......the dog doesn't know what to do either.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 277
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshib

I was thinking pens but I don't know which ones to make.....I might go with a higher end kit....not sure yet.

TimS124

Looks like you have some nice, long, straight sections. Those would let you do some of the single-piece pens that take a longer single piece or a free-from bottle opener, stylus, etc where the extra length lets you break out of the usual form factors….

Looks like a great payment to have received!

pshib

I'm looking forward to this weekend and the lovely stench from the antler. The out come can't be beat. I might go with a bigger kit...maybe a majestic. Too many options to decide

gimpy

Was just given this rack as payment for 2 bolt action pens. I have no idea what to make. Too many idea going through my head......the dog doesn't know what to do either.

here are a few bottle openers I recently made with deer antler:

Attachments

• P1010742.jpg
    P1010742.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 154

Ambidex

I'm looking forward to this weekend and the lovely stench from the antler. The out come can't be beat. I might go with a bigger kit...maybe a majestic. Too many options to decide

Good idea! I love the looks of antler, especially on high-end components. I'd love to see the finished pen.:cool:

eranox

If you're going to make pens, you should consider picking up some of Fred's (IAP name Fatdawg) bullet pen kits. They're a better made, more authentic version of the .30 cal twist pen kits sold by the various vendors, and are to date my bestselling pens. The nib end is a genuine 30.06 bullet and case, and the clip end is made from whatever you like, and is essentially the upper half of a slimline. That antler would be perfect for them!

pshib

Got some great ideas. Hopefully I'll get a chance to churn out something this weekend

Top Bottom