What kind of centers?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I picked up an old Craftsman 109 yesterday, and these 2 centers were in the lot of tooling. image-369408611.jpg image-3521477243.jpg

What are they?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

The proper name escapes me at the moment but they are made with a soft end on the morse taper so you can machine them for your own tooling needs. For a special drill taper or thread to put an odd ball chuck on, or mount some other custom holder to.

The proper name escapes me at the moment but they are made with a soft end on the morse taper so you can machine them for your own tooling needs. For a special drill taper or thread to put an odd ball chuck on, or mount some other custom holder to.

Cool. I can see that. Thank you.

KenV

Lace bobbin drive -- The classic form was square but they were also used round -- largely because it was easier to get a round hole than a tapered square one.

I suggested that rather than the arbor blank mentioned by Pete (Curly). The arbor blank

https://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=2394&category=

generally has a very shallow divot for a live center on the end, and the photo suggests a deeper hole.

Top Bottom