UPS Story - Micro-Mark MicroLux 7x16 Lathe PARTS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

I sold a this lathe to a fellow pen turner at the first of the year and shipped by UPS Store. To make a long story short, in transit the lathe was apparently dropped out of the truck and completely damaged. Accessories were probably stolen along the way. Damaged lathe is still with UPS somewhere. I am still fighting with UPS claims (total nightmare) to get reimbursed for everything, they have paid for most of the lathe and shipping.

In the meantime, UPS returned PARTS to me. Since I no longer have a lathe, I don't need the parts and have them listed in the Classified section.

Since this fiasco with UPS, I will no longer ship anything with them. My company and related companies have also stopped shipping with UPS. I figure they lost 4x more in shipping in the last six months than my claim was worth.

Anyway, if you ship UPS, larger items, read all the ship details, use their box, have them pack it, then hope its not damaged or stolen in transit.

MartinPens

Thanks to UPS, I am NOT the owner of a very slightly used metal lathe that I was looking forward to using. I want to commend you on your integrity for refunding me my money. My biggest complaint with UPS was that they lied about "attempting" to deliver it. There isn't a delivery truck that can get anywhere close to my place without my dogs going crazy. I was anticipating the delivery all day and was confused when the tracking notification said "delivery refused.". Perhaps that's protocol for when they drop and damage items.

I'm sorry for your troubles with this. I do not use UPS.

Top Bottom