Third lathe....third DRO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I decided I wanted this 7x16 MicroMark with VS and, cam locking TS Last week end, I took it to Mike Rouxs house, to install the new DRO. Mike let me do some of the work on this one, following his instructions. It worked out really well, and I think this will be the last one. (never say never) I mounted the display, using a license plate magnet from my old used car days, with a "T" bracket that I bent to an angle, so the numbers are easy to read.I'll see how it works out. I may still have to drill some holes, and mount it with screws. So, for those who are tired of hearing about DROs, I hope you haven't read this.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_1239.JPG
    IMG_1239.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_1241.JPG
    IMG_1241.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 849
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Chuck,
Looks great. Third time is the charm, now you can do mine.......I'm waiting for some free money to pass by my way and get a scale. Then I'll be bringing a pizza over to Mikes house for sure.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I like it, nice and clean.:wink::biggrin:
Thanks Rick, it operates very nicely.

Chuck,
Looks great. Third time is the charm, now you can do mine.......I'm waiting for some free money to pass by my way and get a scale. Then I'll be bringing a pizza over to Mikes house for sure.
Whenever you're ready....we like pizza :biggrin:

Ya think your getting enough practice at it?
I'm getting the idea of how it's done :biggrin:

Chuck, I heard that this is a good lathe....wanna go for #4. :eek::biggrin::wink:

HiTorque 8.5x16 Bench Lathe - LittleMachineShop.com

Sorry..I couldn't help myself..you guys in Florida are having way to much fun.
Thanks Doc....had there been enough funds available, this would have worked out better for sure. :biggrin: I should have created a "Cause" and ask for donations :rolleyes::biggrin:

kruzzer

I don't know Chuck... The little bit of the work area that shows in the pics looks awful clean.
Your not afraid to get that new lathe dirty are you???

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam

OKLAHOMAN

Not to steal Chucks thunder, Mike had a working week end as I just got mine back from him today, quality work all the way. As was said before you guys in Florida are having way to much fun, almost enought to make me move back home.....almost.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Not to steal Chucks thunder, Mike had a working week end as I just got mine back from him today, quality work all the way. As was said before you guys in Florida are having way to much fun, almost enought to make me move back home.....almost.
No problem Roy. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. If you do make that move, your presence will be well received.:wink::biggrin:

Chuck, I heard that this is a good lathe....wanna go for #4. :eek::biggrin::wink:

I think I just heard my wallet cry a little
Go for it. Soon you will get over the pain.:biggrin:

That look pretty sweet Chuck....

too much fun, I wanna move to Florida and be in your Gang......
Come on down Lupe. More fun is always better.

bluwolf

I decided I wanted this 7x16 MicroMark with VS and, cam locking TS Last week end, I took it to Mike Rouxs house, to install the new DRO. Mike let me do some of the work on this one, following his instructions. It worked out really well, and I think this will be the last one. (never say never) I mounted the display, using a license plate magnet from my old used car days, with a "T" bracket that I bent to an angle, so the numbers are easy to read.I'll see how it works out. I may still have to drill some holes, and mount it with screws. So, for those who are tired of hearing about DROs, I hope you haven't read this.:biggrin:

Chuck is full of crap. I made him do all the work on this one. I just pointed him in the right direction and changed out the tooling on the mill because it can be fussy sometimes.

Chuck,

C'mon Cris, a good pizza costs almost as much as the scale. Tell you what, skip the pizza and just get the scale. The rest of us will sit around and eat pizza and watch, while you work, how about that?:biggrin:

im gonna have to go get a loan, i like this lathe!:rolleyes:

I think you should. After Chuck sees yours, he will being going for #4! No, wait, then we'll be doing this again:rolleyes:

Mike

Timebandit

For that price, if you have the room, i would go with this. Only $150 more and packed with tons more features than this one:biggrin: Mike knows what im talking about:wink::biggrin:

http://www.machinetoolonline.com/PM-1127-VF.html

bluwolf

For that price, if you have the room, i would go with this. Only $150 more and packed with tons more features than this one:biggrin: Mike knows what im talking about:wink::biggrin:

PM1127VF Lathe

I'm sorry Seamus, I can't argue with his logic...

Mike

BigShed

That PM1127 looks like a very nice lathe, but I can't for the life of me see why it doesn't have a camlock tailstock.:confused:

Seems to have every other feature under the sun, I just wouldn't buy a lathe without a camlock on the tailstock.

I wonder why so many metal lathes don't have this feature, whereas virtually every wood lathe has it as standard.

Timebandit

That PM1127 looks like a very nice lathe, but I can't for the life of me see why it doesn't have a camlock tailstock.:confused:

Seems to have every other feature under the sun, I just wouldn't buy a lathe without a camlock on the tailstock.

I wonder why so many metal lathes don't have this feature, whereas virtually every wood lathe has it as standard.

It has a camlock tails stock. It doesnt show it or say it in the pics, but i own this lathe and it came standard with one. This lathe is loaded to the max and for the price it cant be beat:biggrin:

Top Bottom