Teaser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Beginning to look like a pen. Not quite ready for SOYP forum yet. Far from finished but, I'm posting it here because, it's metal. :biggrin: AND, it will give my buddies another opportunity to beat up on me.....more :biggrin:

There are a few more things I want to do with this one and, will post more photos as I progress with it and, we can maybe have some things to talk about while we're waiting for the Birthday Bash to begin. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1688 (2).jpg
    IMG_1688 (2).jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_1687 (2).jpg
    IMG_1687 (2).jpg
    273 KB · Views: 507

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Mike! I will tell you two things. You'll have to keep checking back for the rest. The plan is to add to this thread as we did the Shed build. :biggrin:

1. Taper the lower barrel more on the end.

2. Taper the front section and, get the end closer to the refill so it's not so fat looking. (wish me luck:redface:)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
HI Chuck... VERY cool start! For what it's worth... I cannot see the segment line in the first picture! I know it's there :wink:. Just can't find it! (Which is good).

Take your time, this is a great start! Be well...

Curly

Looks pretty good Chuck.

Is that a nick on the section just in front of the cap threads or a bit of towel lint?

Pow!! Wump!!! Thump!!!!
Your beating has begun. :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
WOW, I can hardly see the seam when it's closed. In fact I'm not sure what I'm looking at is the seam.
That's GOOD! It's the way I was told to make them. I have found however, using the triple start taps & dies (which I always do) the seamless appearance is inclusive to only 1 of the 3 thread starts. At least in MY case. The difference is not much but, enough to just notice. Thanks Bob!

HI Chuck... VERY cool start! For what it's worth... I cannot see the segment line in the first picture! I know it's there :wink:. Just can't find it! (Which is good).

Take your time, this is a great start! Be well...
Hi Mark! Thank you very much. Check back tomorrow :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks pretty good Chuck.

Is that a nick on the section just in front of the cap threads or a bit of towel lint?

Pow!! Wump!!! Thump!!!!
Your beating has begun. :)
Nice one!!! :biggrin: Yes, that is a nick which, is coming off there tomorrow :wink::biggrin:

stonepecker

I think Skip better watchout. Like you said, this isn't done yet.

If I ask nice enough, will you show me how it is done in March?
(Plans look better and better for "The Trip")

bluwolf

Hey Chuck, I think it's looking pretty darn good so far. Can't really think of anything to give you a hard time about...yet.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I think Skip better watchout. Like you said, this isn't done yet.

If I ask nice enough, will you show me how it is done in March?
(Plans look better and better for "The Trip")
Thanks Wayne. I am no threat to Skiprat nor anyone else:biggrin: We may have time to make a finial when you're here :biggrin:

Well, it's looking pretty darn good to me, Chuck !! . I'll be following your progress !
I appreciate that. Stay tuned. :wink::biggrin:

Hey Chuck, I think it's looking pretty darn good so far. Can't really think of anything to give you a hard time about...yet.

Mike
YET!! Thanks Mike, there's still time and, more photos coming.

Mike has anyone pointed out its not Blue?
STOP recruiting! :biggrin:

D.Oliver

Here they come Paul!!!:wink::biggrin: Now where's that OIL DEREK??
Ask and you shall receive! Pen looks good now, Chuck. Can't wait to see you make it even better! Do you think maybe you could speed the process up a little from the Studio build though. I mean I'm not a young man anymore and I'll like to see this completed before I kick the bucket!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'll give you the one about the end and the refill but I really like the shape.....
you better just send it to me and start over ..
Thank you Rich! I'd like just a little more taper which, has always been kind of a signature for me since Mike & Mike taught me to make these things. :wink::biggrin: Glad to see you here!

Here they come Paul!!!:wink::biggrin: Now where's that OIL DEREK??
Ask and you shall receive! Pen looks good now, Chuck. Can't wait to see you make it even better! Do you think maybe you could speed the process up a little from the Studio build though. I mean I'm not a young man anymore and I'll like to see this completed before I kick the bucket!
Thanks Derek! You'd better be around for a LONG time. :biggrin: I'm not pushing it AND, I didn't build a Flippin' STUDIO! :biggrin::tongue:

Last edited:

lyonsacc

Great looking - so far! Can't see that seam at all. Looks really nice. Be careful not to do "too much" more to it. I've had a few times where that last adjustment to the look of the pen is what sends it to the trash bin . . .

Dave

bobleibo

Chuck, that is absolutely fantastic !!! Clean, sharp, beautifully made and I'm very impressed. :biggrin:

Who made it for you??:biggrin:

Just kidding....it really is uber cool !!

Well done Chuck!!:biggrin:

That was funny......you guys are brutal

Seriously, I'm waiting to hear what anyone can beat you up about. That pen is very cool and puts your craftsmanship on full display. As mentioned, you can't even see the seam.
Very impressive Chuck~

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Why don't you finish this off and then get started on another masterpiece... There is this BASH thingie getting started ya know!

Who knows, you might win a Jacuzzi with a matching PINK wet bar to fill that empty corner in the ... "Studio Lounge" :eek:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'd love to add insult to injury, but that really is pretty damned good.
Chuck, I reckon you should leave it like it is. If you start messing with it now, you stand a good chance of ruining it. ( trust me, been there done that, got the ruined pens to prove it...):wink:

You should be pretty proud of that....I would be, if I had made it.:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, that is absolutely fantastic !!! Clean, sharp, beautifully made and I'm very impressed. :biggrin:

LOL! You are relentless :redface::biggrin: Keep 'em coming! :biggrin: Thanks for the compliment :wink:

Great looking - so far! Can't see that seam at all. Looks really nice. Be careful not to do "too much" more to it. I've had a few times where that last adjustment to the look of the pen is what sends it to the trash bin . . .

Dave
Thank you Dave. Don't worry...I've got this :wink::biggrin:

That was funny......you guys are brutal

Seriously, I'm waiting to hear what anyone can beat you up about. That pen is very cool and puts your craftsmanship on full display. As mentioned, you can't even see the seam.
Very impressive Chuck~
Bob! Try not to encourage this bunch. :biggrin:
Thanks for the compliments.:)

Why don't you finish this off and then get started on another masterpiece... There is this BASH thingie getting started ya know!

Who knows, you might win a Jacuzzi with a matching PINK wet bar to fill that empty corner in the ... "Studio Lounge" :eek:
Now you?! :eek: Sure go ahead and join in. :biggrin: I know there are contests coming up. Not sure I want to participate in any of them yet. But, I AM making pens now. Thanks to you and, Ernie for the visit. :wink::biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'd love to add insult to injury, but that really is pretty damned good.
Chuck, I reckon you should leave it like it is. If you start messing with it now, you stand a good chance of ruining it. ( trust me, been there done that, got the ruined pens to prove it...):wink:

You should be pretty proud of that....I would be, if I had made it.:biggrin:
Oh Ye of little FAITH (that's where OIL DEREK lives) It just isn't completed yet. It's just a shell right now. You'll see! :biggrin: Thanks Steven!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OK...so I got some things changed on this one today. Tapered the lower body end, beveled the end of it to, match the cap and, worked on the nose piece.

I don't think I will go any farther with this one. Heeding the warnings set forth by a few. :wink: Thanks to all of you for your comments.

I will post the photos in SOYP now. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1690 (2).jpg
    IMG_1690 (2).jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1689 (2).jpg
    IMG_1689 (2).jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1691 (2).jpg
    IMG_1691 (2).jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 146

jbostian

Chuck, that pen looks great!

Are you back in the Indianapolis area? I have been out of the loop for the past 3 years. Anyway, I hope life is treating you well.

Jamie

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Pretty darn nice, Chuck !!!
Thanks Mal!

Are you back in the Indianapolis area? I have been out of the loop for the past 3 years. Anyway, I hope life is treating you well.

Jamie
Hi Jamie! Yes we're back in Indy. Gray Rd. & Edgewood Ave. area on the southside. Been wondering about you from time to time. Good to hear from you.

jbostian

Thanks Mal!

Jamie
Hi Jamie! Yes we're back in Indy. Gray Rd. & Edgewood Ave. area on the southside. Been wondering about you from time to time. Good to hear from you.

What brought you back to cold Indiana? I have been doing pretty well, life changes just made it difficult to focus on pen turning.

Jamie

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Mal!

Jamie

What brought you back to cold Indiana? I have been doing pretty well, life changes just made it difficult to focus on pen turning.

Jamie
Mostly family

Top Bottom