TAILSTOCK TURRET TOOL HOLDER

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Has anyone used one of these tailstock turret?
The idea looks good to me but I was wondering how you make sure the tool you were using was lined up properly to the head stock?

The turret has a solid indexing system that is a positive design, the lever that is underneath, is pushed/pulled allowing the indent to be relaxed and moved onto the next position, similar system as a turret head lathe. Had thought about a couple of them for my lathes.
Regards
Kryn

Last edited:

Paul in OKC

Once you line up the first one, you should be good to go. As long as you don't have to move the tail stock back and forth. Leave it in one spot. If you are wanting to center drill then drill, or use three different lengths of tools, you may have to make or have made some adapters the diameter of the turret holes, and make them so the different tools will be the same length out of the turret.

penmaker56

I have used mine, and it works well when doing production runs, doing the same operations a multiple of times. Using it for a single piece is a waste of time though.

seamus7227

Hey Mark, how ya been??!! that is quite the contraption, but i feel like it might be slightly overkill on a metal lathe(course what do i know, lol). It does look like something that goes on a CNC machine though!

Top Bottom