Tailstock problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned Around

I was working with my Emco CNC last night. I tightened the tailstock and everything worked fine. When it was done and I removed the cone live center, the little handwheel doesn't seem to stay in place and I can't put tension on it anymore.

When I turn the wheel to bring in the tension, it's fine, but when I try to tension the tailstock, the wheel unscrews from the rest of the tailstock assembly. Cannot figure it out, and there's only about 5 pieces to the whole thing.

Anyone have this happen before? Or have a suggestion on how to fix it?

randyrls

Not sure. I have a 9x20 manual lathe, the tail stock has 2 nuts (one nut and a locking nut) on the tail stock wheel shaft. I would get an exploded parts diagram and look to see if anything has come loose.

Check to see if there is a YAHOO group for your lathe. It looks like there is a group called "emco_turn_120".

The Group description is:
This group is to exchange info on the Emcoturn 120 family of CNC lathes (Turn 120, 120P, 220, Compact 6, Compact 6P) including topics like maintenance, voltage conversion, control retrofits, workholding and tool holding, parts supply and so forth.

Owners of other related machines (140/240, VMC100, and more) are welcome here too! We would love to get more info on these closely related machines.

Also please visit the wiki dedicated to updating these machines and share info with other owners currently retrofitting to modern controls: emcocncretrofits.wikia.com

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom