Anyone got one of these for sale. I need a 2MT
Lin

Attachments

• IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 373
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sschering

Last time I tried something like that I used a 4 jaw chuck to hold the round bar stock. Then I drilled using a drill chuck in the tail stock.
it only works if your piece is short enough to mount and spin..

Alt Idea #2.. You can get a 1" x 8 tpi MT2 reverse chucking mount and put the 4 jaw in the tail where length won't matter
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/14...ersing-adapter-1-x-8-tpi-x-2-morse-taper.aspx

I was making this piece for a RC monster truck mod.
Ly1NY6fh.jpg

Last edited:

howsitwork

its a drill pad centre. Over here Myford do them ( Genuine Myford MT2 Vee Drill Pad Direct from Myford-Stuff L | eBay )

or RDG ( Model Engineering and engineering tools online from RDG Tools Ltd Home Page (Engineering Tools) Tel 01422 885069 /884605 ) there's is 1MT but you can get them in 2MT or use a 1 to 2 MT adaptor sleeve.

Hope that helps , not sure of US tool stores ( SWMBO wouldn't let me explore again when on holiday in USA after my last foray on honeymoon - boy she sure has a long memory !)

howsitwork

Ah just spotted the Canadian bit here- try Guy Lautard he's Canadian and knows where to look ! Also writes a good series of books !

Regards Ian

By time some one finds it and blows the dust off then payment transfer, lastly shipping..just call shars and order one they are well priced and I use them for all 3 southbends and my wells index mill good company plus I think they have a 10% off sale now

Top Bottom