Speedway series metal lathe?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JTisher

I don't know about the brand, never heard of them, but it looks like a standard 7X lathe. It should do pens with no problems.

Hopefully it comes with the face plate and four jaw chuck. There's nothing wrong with the four way tool post ether. It's not as quick as a quick change tool post, but they work fine.

Juts don't over pay. Brand new 7 x 10 cost $400 at HF

Joe

Penultimate

I have the 7x12 version of the lathe. It works well for turning pens and small items. It hs the added benefit of metal cutting capability. I noticed there is no center, change gears, cutting tool(s) or chuck key. You will need tooling, a chuck key and a live center to start turning. Check out Little Machine Shop and CDCO Tools for accessories.

Good luck

Dick Mahany

Anybody know anything about these? Would they be good for pen turning?

http://images.craigslist.org/00v0v_9D2t3M69Nqc_600x450.jpg

I have the same lathe with a Cummins brand. It is a Sieg C2. Check out mini lathe dot com and little machine shop dot com. It will do a lot for what it is. For pen turning, one would need to make some kind of banjo type holder for turning pen bodies as the X/Y compound is more useful for true cylindrical shapes.

It's also great for making TBC bushings. Mine is a 7x12 and I wouldn't consider anything shorter.

Top Bottom