South Bend reduced $1,000!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

I just saw where they reduced the same lathe I have $1,000!!!!

Must not be a very good seller. I LOVE mine so I don't quite understand, unless it's too much of a 'tweener. They ought to move a few with this new price.

Here's the link.... Grizzly.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think that these Chinese lathes are far better than some people make out. I love mine. ( Different machine but still Chinese ) I couldn't have afforded a non-Chinese lathe at the time I bought it, but now that I'm proficient with it, I'm glad I didn't save up for a 'theoretically' better one.
That one looks like a great deal and I think they reduced the price because many metal lathe newbies are scared of change gears and want a stupid limited fixed gearbox.

You'll pay the same amount in Pounds for that machine here.
However, I think the 'before' price was a little steep though:wink:

randyrls

For me the big advantage is that their store is about 40 miles up the road so I could save on shipping.

Yep; I am about 2 hours drive from their Muncy PA store. My wife has banned me from that store. I was there once and a couple were looking that the milling machines (BIG). She said, "Oh, go ahead and get the larger one, you know you want it". I thought about asking if they could adopt me, but didn't.

Yep; I am about 2 hours drive from their Muncy PA store. My wife has banned me from that store. I was there once and a couple were looking that the milling machines (BIG). She said, "Oh, go ahead and get the larger one, you know you want it". I thought about asking if they could adopt me, but didn't.

Lol. I did that in a Bass Pro Shops once, when I was much younger. The wife laughed so loud and hard, she scared herself and threw her hands over her mouth. Hubby got some brownie points for quickly admitting how lucky he was. He had a crapload of goodies, and they were talking about which boat he should get.

Kaspar

That's a gorgeous machine. Glassy smooth in all its actions. Don't buy the demonstrator model at the Springfield Store. I drool over it every time I'm in there (I'm five minutes away), and it's looking a little messy. I keep hoping if I get it messy enough, they'll mark it down even further. (No luck, so far.)

Does that lathe have power cross feed?

No.

If I could get it, I would then contemplate a CNC retrofit.

One weakness, it can't do 4tpi threads and thus couldn't do useful 3x start threads. The LMS Hi-Torq Mini is actually better that regard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom