South Bend Lathe 22"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Joe

I got this South Bend lathe from one of my Neighbors it had been setting in his shop for 20 years, he started taking it apart and realized it was to much of a task, I got the original sales ticket it was a made in August of 1955 and sold in September 1955, the riser block came with it, got the tapper attachment, follow rest, tool post grinder, several chucks, several face plates, all the tooling and several other items, it went from the original owner to a gas compressor station, only a few days after they got it a fellow left the key in the chuck and turner the lathe on the key went through the big windows, it was disconnect and put in the shop and never used till my Neighbor bought it, that accounts for no wear, I am taking it complete apart cleaning and painting it, about a 1/4 of the way now, I also do metal work, should be able to turn a pen for Goliath on this one.

Attachments

• Lathe on Trailer.jpg
    Lathe on Trailer.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 292
  • carriage tail stock 1.jpg
    carriage tail stock 1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 301
  • riser block head end.jpg
    riser block head end.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Riser Head 5.jpg
    Riser Head 5.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 255
  • gear reduction 3A - Copy.jpg
    gear reduction 3A - Copy.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Joe

thanks you all, pecking away at it, I have taken pictures of each piece before and after, won't bore anyone with all of that but when done will post, by then it will be happy to be redone and I will to.
sbwertz it almost the same just a tab bit bigger, I do have a 1925 A, he is next in the restoration list, they are so cute.
Curly that trailer is 16 foot from the chuck to the tail stock 12 1/2 feet, I think I will turn tooth picks first to get the hang of it ?

Top Bottom