Sad to say Joe Martin has passed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

Joseph H. Martin

December 3, 1934-February 12, 2014

It is with great sadness that we announce the Sherline's owner Joe Martin passed away February 12th, 2014 from heart-related problems. He was 79 years old. His trust specifies that his current management staff and experienced employees will continue to operate the Sherline factory and support its customers. Between them, Foreman Karl Rohlin, General Manager Charla Papp and Marketing Director Craig Libuse have a combined 112 years of experience working with Joe at Sherline Products. Joe's far-sighted management of the company leaves it in very sound financial condition and with a clear direction for future product support and development. You can count on us to continue his tradition of making a high quality product here in the USA and offering the best possible customer support. Joe's non-profit foundation supporting metalworking craftsmanship will also continue to be funded by profits from Sherline tool sales as he intended.

ironman123

Yes, that is sad news. I bought my first sherline lathe in the early 80's and since, have had the pleasure of talking with Joe on several matters and have his early book on machining with sherline products.

My condolences to his family and employees.

Ray

Top Bottom