New live center

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Since my mishap with my last pen I posted in SOYP, I ordered this jewel from Grizzly along with a DRO for my tail stock. I haven't tried it out yet but, it DOES look promising.:biggrin: The mishap came along when I was turning a alumilite blank without the TS holding the end of the blank. This should solve that problem. Just thought I'd show it.

Attachments

• IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Chuck; You will find that is a nice center to use. These are made for metal lathes, and some are not rated for the greater than 2000 RPM that are commonly used on wood lathes. Most metal lathes have a max speed of 2000 and commonly run MUCH SLOWER. On the plus side the bearings are better able to resist side pressure

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck; You will find that is a nice center to use. These are made for metal lathes, and some are not rated for the greater than 2000 RPM that are commonly used on wood lathes. Most metal lathes have a max speed of 2000 and commonly run MUCH SLOWER. On the plus side the bearings are better able to resist side pressure
Thanks Randy. I did notice it is stiffer than my other live center. No way to add oil either so, I figure it doesn't need any. My lathe peaks at 1300.

Top Bottom