New Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKelley

Just purchased a SC4 lathe from Little Machine Shop. It should be an improvment over the Grizzly 7x12. Roughly 100lbs heavier, automatic cross feed, and all metal gears. They call it the 3536 HiTorque bench lathe. I believe it is made by Sieg. It should be here in about 10 days and at that time I'll post pics and comment on quality ect. The little Grizzly was a good lathe and served me well. I knew its limitations and it did everything that I ask of it. It has a new home now and I expect that it will work for its new master as well as it did for me.

Ben

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gilrock

Congrats on the new lathe! I went to their site to check it out since I hadn't seen that on LMS before. I'm kinda jealous seeing how you will be able to vary you're speed so easily. I keep having to move a belt which reminds me I really need to buy a backup in case it breaks. I like the handle on the compound slide better than mine also. In fact I ordered one of those triball handles from Grizzly yesterday that looks similar to the one coming on your lathe and going to try to replace mine.

IPD_Mr

Looking forward to picktures Ben.

Gil I need to go through my notes but I bought my spare belts from a place in OH and they were like $10.50 each, but I had to buy five of them. The motor on the Jet is strong and if you screw up like me then it can pop a belt in a flash.

BigShed

Congrats on the purchase of such a fine lathe, EVS is definitely the way to go.

Now that you have the cheapest part of this purchase behind you, you can start on the tooling:biggrin:

bluwolf

Congrats on the purchase of such a fine lathe, EVS is definitely the way to go.

Now that you have the cheapest part of this purchase behind you, you can start on the tooling:biggrin:

I second what Fred said, but I think you knew it already. Congratulations on the new lathe.

Mike

Top Bottom