New addition to my G4000

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

Been needing some larger capacity to face some items so I ordered this beast last week. It just arrived.

SHARS 6" 4-jaw scroll chuck + backplate. This thing is a lot bigger than I expected. I hope the Grizz can handle it :).

More pics once installed, for now I got a date w/ some MS to clean it up.

2013-03-19 14.44.12.jpg

2013-03-19 14.44.22.jpg

ironman123

Good to see you got it. Be careful when you use it on your lathe. Don't try to open it so much as to let your jaws come around and hit the bed or the saddle. I went back to using my 4 inch and reversing the jaws. I also buoght a 5 inch. My 6 inch collects dust.

Happy turning.

Ray

Justturnin

Good to see you got it. Be careful when you use it on your lathe. Don't try to open it so much as to let your jaws come around and hit the bed or the saddle. I went back to using my 4 inch and reversing the jaws. I also buoght a 5 inch. My 6 inch collects dust.

Happy turning.

Ray

Yep, figured that out when switching the jaws out. I need it to face a 4.25"-4.50" round item. so the jaws should now be extending out past the chuck while it is turning. I didn't see a 5" option when I was looking for a larger chuck. Dang. Ohh well. If this one gets out of control I may downsize. I still need to remove the chuck from the back plate and try to spin it around 1/3 turn because it is off. If rotating it around does not do it I will have to trie the backplate. They said I would not have too and my wishful thinking believed them.

Top Bottom