My new toy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul in OKC

Well, at least the new lathe at the new job. A bit over kill for pens, but hey! It will swing 26" over the bed, 17" over the carriage, and about 5' long. Any body want a big pen!

Attachments

• kingston.jpg
    kingston.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 416
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

You could make a GIANT SIZE pen with parts made from that!. I'd hate to see the form for the resin casting though...:eek:

bluwolf

Well, at least the new lathe at the new job. A bit over kill for pens, but hey! It will swing 26" over the bed, 17" over the carriage, and about 5' long. Any body want a big pen!

Paul, you know how it works. You can make small stuff on a big lathe but you can't make big stuff on a small lathe...Then again, you're going to look pretty silly making a regular size pen on that thing. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of the setup:)

cwolfs69

that thing is still on a pallet. have you a forklift and pickup. would look good in the garage, right.
seriously, that brings back memories, setting up lathes, mills, drills etc. in the new shop. kinda wish i was in your shoes. loved that stuff. then to get to run the machines you put in place. accomplishment.

RogerH

Wow, that must be one of the biggest, if not THE biggest lathes owned by IAP members. Very, very impressive.

Top Bottom