Multi start threading

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

titan2

Start here
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53114

Edited in. For future reference you might want to bookmark this link. It is a thread on triple threading on the lathe by one of the best ..."SkipRat"

I've just finished making a PowerPoint Presentation using SkipRat's posts and it much easier to following that opening each of his 25 pictures. Not able to upload it yet, but if you'd like a copy I can send it to you via e-mail.

Barney

Timebandit

Start here

Edited in. For future reference you might want to bookmark this link. It is a thread on triple threading on the lathe by one of the best ..."SkipRat"

I've just finished making a PowerPoint Presentation using SkipRat's posts and it much easier to following that opening each of his 25 pictures. Not able to upload it yet, but if you'd like a copy I can send it to you via e-mail.

Barney

I'l take one. Thanks

titan2

Start here

Barney

I'l take one. Thanks

Justin,

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send it on.....

Barney

el_d

Start here

Barney

Me too if possible???

titan2

SkipRat's 3 Start Threading PowerPoint Presentation

OK, everyone.....I've been able to add the PowerPoint Presentation to this post.

Check it out and see if it works for you.....let me know how you like it.

Barney

PS. Replaced the PowerPoint Presentation with another one to make slide #20 clearer. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Skiprat's 3 Start Threading.ppt
    1.7 MB · Views: 429
Last edited:

TomW

I must be missing something... How does the procedure insure that thread 2 and thread 3 start 60 degrees from thread one??? (evenly spaced around the diameter)??? Needs more info around slide 20...unless I'm fouled up... which is very possible...
Tom

Russianwolf

I must be missing something... How does the procedure insure that thread 2 and thread 3 start 60 degrees from thread one??? (evenly spaced around the diameter)??? Needs more info around slide 20...unless I'm fouled up... which is very possible...
Tom

Slide 19 shows the thread is a 3mm

Slide 20 say to advance by 1mm for the second thread. And by another mm for the third thread. That will make the threads 1mm apart and starting 60 degrees from each other.

If you get to slide 19 and yours is showing the thread as 2.4mm then you'd need to advance by .8mm to get the second thread aligned. Always 1/3rd of what the thread distance is in slide 19.

Haynie

Stupid question time:

Is this just for practice making this snazzy rod or does it go on a pen somewhere. Prescription Anti-inflamitory/screw-my-thinking-up pills are making it real hard to process.

How do you know where to start the second thread?

titan2

OK, everyone.....I've been able to add the PowerPoint Presentation to this post.

Check it out and see if it works for you.....let me know how you like it.

Barney

PS. Replaced the PowerPoint Presentation with another one to make slide #20 clearer. Hope it helps!

Replaced the PowerPoint Presentation and hopefully slide #20 is a little clearer now. Let me know if it's clearer.

Barney

Top Bottom