mid size bench lathe recommendations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JF36

I am looking for a new metal lathe that is a little smaller then my old southbend 9x36 but bigger then the 7x lathes, this is due to space restrictions in my new shop. I am considering the PM1022V. PM1030 Has anyone heard anything about this lathe good or bad. I really like it due to the power feed being separate from the half-nuts, the cam lock tailstock, and the higher speed capabilities. Does anyone else have recommendations/reviews for any lathes about this size. My budget is about $1800.00

JTisher

That's a nice looking lathe, unfortunately I know nothing about the brand. It looks a lot like the G0752 with different paint.
Personally I would lean towards the Grizzly for the cheaper shipping and the fact that I've dealt with them before.

Joe

Bocere1

The PM's seem to have some following, they seem to be having some issues getting their 1127's in stock, but I have read good things about their lathes. I agree with your pro's on this model like the power cross feed and camlock, those and the size make it a step up from the g0752 I believe.
I'm doing my research now, up to a 12x36 and one of the ones I'm interested in is the SC8 that DroPros is distributing, Lathes

This is also sold by Axminster overseas I believe.

But I am leaning toward a PM model. Incidentally that inexpensive cabinet is not in stock I don't believe.

There is a lot said about them at the machining forums like hobby-machinist.
Mark

Last edited:
Top Bottom