Metalworker brand lathe?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Docholiday

Does anyone know about this brand and size of a lathe?
METALWORKER Lathe 400

METALWORKER Lathe

I'm wondering if it looks like it would be with it for the price and whether it would make a good starter lathe. I have a couple different size wood lathes and, like many others, don't know as much about metal lathes. I've also never seen this brand before, but I'm guessing it's a name out on a Chinese lathe.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I don't know anything about these lathes. So, I am no help to your question about the lathe. However, I really don't think that is a 23 1/2" bed. It looks really short and, that's not good for drilling blanks.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It very strongly looks like any one of the Chinese 7 x10 lathes out on the market. I have seen the brand but know nothing about it one way or the other. I would bet the 23 inches is total length of the pan. I think its overpriced with so little tooling for a used lathe. We have members on here that use a 7 x 10 and are happy with it. Most prefer a longer bed.

Here is a link Mini Lathe Metalworker  (C2 - 300MM) - China Lathe Machine, Bench Lathe

Docholiday

Thanks guys! I appreciate the advice. I already know I want longer than 7 x 10 and if that's what that is, I'll pass. Any place other than Craigslist to look? I haven't seen anything like what I'm looking for pop up on there. Thanks again.

Penultimate

I have the 7x12 lathe made by Sieg You can them on eBay and several resellers like enco and harbor freight. Check out Little Machine Shop there are a lot of good machines on that site.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
METALWORKER Lathe 400

METALWORKER Lathe

I'm wondering if it looks like it would be with it for the price and whether it would make a good starter lathe. I have a couple different size wood lathes and, like many others, don't know as much about metal lathes. I've also never seen this brand before, but I'm guessing it's a name out on a Chinese lathe.
Their model 200 is 200mm between centers and their model 300 is 300mm between centers both are 180mm max its either 7.08 x 7.87 or 7.08 x 11.81

Last edited:

daniel.messem

Brand is SIEG - they are great little machines

METALWORKER Lathe 400

METALWORKER Lathe

The brand is SIEG, they make many machines that are re-branded for littlemachineshop.com, Harbor Freight and Grizzly.

mini-lathe.com has some great info on hobby lathes like these - recently got myself a mini-lathe and mini-mill, shout if you have any questions

Top Bottom