Metal Pens... (Show them off!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brando090

Since you guys are using metal lathes, who is making kitless metal fountain pens? These are my favorite pens, and all my other pens that dont have an overlay, or are metal are slowly diminishing. So who here is making metal pens, and show them off :biggrin:

Last edited:

Chuck Key

Pentel conversion from titanium rod. Pic from iPhone, sorry!

Attachments

• titaniumpentel.jpg
    titaniumpentel.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 450

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
FYI...you don't need a metal lathe to make a metal pen, alot of guys make aluminum pens on their wood lathes.:wink:
You're right Rick. My first aluminum pen, was made from blanks from johnnycnc, on my wood lathe. Although this one is a roller ball, it could easily have been a fountain pen.

Attachments

• IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 299

ldb2000

Do these count ? cause none were made with a metal late.

An Aluminum button filler

An Aluminum and Brass hooded aerometric filler fountain pen

An Aluminum and Brass Twindows ballpoint

An Aluminum and Brass finial operated ballpoint

An Aluminum and Brass twist ballpoint

Hi All . Doing fine , just very busy . Hope to get back to the lathe soon as the weather breaks and I get a little time . I'll look in from time to time and say Hi .

brando090

Do these count ? cause none were made with a metal late.

An Aluminum button filler

An Aluminum and Brass hooded aerometric filler fountain pen

An Aluminum and Brass Twindows ballpoint

An Aluminum and Brass finial operated ballpoint

An Aluminum and Brass twist ballpoint

Hi All . Doing fine , just very busy . Hope to get back to the lathe soon as the weather breaks and I get a little time . I'll look in from time to time and say Hi .

Love the top and 2nd pen, but im not too crazy of the clip on the top pen.... what clip are you using?

PenMan1

Brandon:
One of the coolest things about Butch's works is that he's using his own custom, hand-made clips. I know many of the ones in the photos were made with "welding wire". If you look back through LDB2000's posts, (besides gaining a lifetime's worth if experience by reading his posts), he describes the process of building his clips AND his hooded nibs.

brando090

Brandon:
One of the coolest things about Butch's works is that he's using his own custom, hand-made clips. I know many of the ones in the photos were made with "welding wire". If you look back through LDB2000's posts, (besides gaining a lifetime's worth if experience by reading his posts), he describes the process of building his clips AND his hooded nibs.

Ill check it out, i wasn't really able to see the clip very good, but ill look through his posts for a better picture.

ldb2000

Brandon , that pen used a cigar clip , the others use brass rod bent to shape . I used the cigar clip on that style pen because it fits the simple design of the pen . I tried several clip designs on those pens but none blended in with the design as well .

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I've been kind of scarce the last few months, but seeing some of my old pals also coming back out of the woodwork has made me try and get back into it. All we need now is The Cat to show himself too. :wink:

Although not all fountain pens, here are a few of my old favourite metal pens. The links go back to the original threads where you can see how some of them were made.

Catcha later:biggrin:

A Rat's Tale ( Still my all time favourite )

Welding Rods

Worthless Bolt

Bakelite Angles

Emerald and Copper Angles

Attachments

• RatsTale.jpg
    RatsTale.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 200
  • FluteOpen.jpg
    FluteOpen.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 194
  • FluteClosed.jpg
    FluteClosed.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 168
  • SSWeldingRods.jpg
    SSWeldingRods.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 219
  • ThreeBolts.jpg
    ThreeBolts.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 200
  • WinchesterCopperhead.jpg
    WinchesterCopperhead.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 196

Timebandit

Wow, three guys who havent been on here in a while all posting in the same thread. I have to say Welcome back Steven, Butch and Jeff!! All have been missed and its good to see you all posting again!!

Timebandit

Brandon, while Andy is right, Butch makes most of his clips, I believe the one on the top pen is just a basic cigar clip. Click on the photo of the pen and it takes you to Butches gallery and you can see some other views of it. Its a cigar clip.

Timebandit

I've been kind of scarce the last few months, but seeing some of my old pals also coming back out of the woodwork has made me try and get back into it. All we need now is The Cat to show himself too. :wink:

Although not all fountain pens, here are a few of my old favourite metal pens. The links go back to the original threads where you can see how some of them were made.

Catcha later:biggrin:

A Rat's Tale ( Still my all time favourite )

Welding Rods

Worthless Bolt

Bakelite Angles

Emerald and Copper Angles

Good to see you and your beautiful work again Steven!!!! We havent seen the Cat around here in a long time.

Traguh

You are all inspiring! Whether it be to a newbie or a seasoned pen maker, with all of the different mediums coming together, your work is awesome!

Top Bottom