HF 7x12 Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjbear76

I've been looking for several months for a deal on a metal lathe. I saw Harbor Freight had marked down their 7 x 12 lathe from $700 to $550. Not bad.
Then I thought maybe I could use the 20% off coupon from Sunday's paper...yup, got it for $440 plus 6.99 shipping.

Never used one before, but I'm sure I'll learn quick with the help of the great folks here.
:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penultimate

Nice deal. Now comes all the fun accessories, 4 jaw chuck, centers for TBC, drill chuck, tap and die holders, several types for dial gages, boring bars, and collets.
Have fun.

ironman123

I still have a little HF 7x10. They are pretty good. Check out some of the Yahoo Mini Lathe groups for ideas and modifications. Depending on what you want to make, it can be very useful.

dansills

I have a few questions as I've been shopping for a more precise lathe. Have been contemplating a metal lathe but didn't want to retool everything from my wood lathe. I noticed on their ad that it lists both headstock and tailstock as MT2. Can anyone who owns one confirm the tailstock & headstock are both MT2? I already have all drill chucks, dead centers, live centers etc. in MT2. What else would I need to buy for this HF lathe if they are both already MT2 like the website says?

Harry - that collet chuck on ebay you provided the link to, that is to fit the screw on the headstock for this HF 7x12. correct? and then use all my ER32 collets I already have correct?

Thanks for any help at all
Dan

Cmiles1985

The HF lathe does show to be MT2 in both the spindle and Tailstock.
Just an FYI: LMS has the Sieg C3 (7x14) on sale for $599.99. Of course, you would have to pay shipping, and no coupon, but you get a little extra capacity.

The ad says Spindle Taper MT2 and the manual says Spindle bore: 3/4" bore.

Both could be correct. Bore refers to how big to is "drilled" from front to back, often used to determine how large of a rod (blank) you can fit through it. MT2 would be the Morse taper size to use for acessories.

Top Bottom