Have you of heard of this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

This just came available in my area for $700.
He says its called a craftech (I can't find anything on them)

3/4 HP belt drive
Looks like a quick change gearbox
Has been modified to cut left and right

PS: Sorry, I meant to include a picture. It's not a Craftex, I am familiar with their tools. The gentleman that owns it called it a Craftech. threads
13/16 through hole
4 way tool post
3 & 4 jaw chucks

Can anyone tell me something about this. I am going to look at it and make an offer this afternoon.
Do you think it would be a decent start? All my work will be primarily based around pen making.

Thanks for you input

Attachments

• Craftech 9x20.jpeg
    Craftech 9x20.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

you may have a craftex up for your inspection. that may be a lathe/mill combination. if so, in good shape is probably a good buy. here is link to a picture of one. not necessarily what the guy has, but if misspelled in the add this may be it. Link to picture

This just came available in my area for $700.
He says its called a craftech (I can't find anything on them)

3/4 HP belt drive
Looks like a quick change gearbox
Has been modified to cut left and right threads
13/16 through hole
4 way tool post
3 & 4 jaw chucks

Can anyone tell me something about this. I am going to look at it and make an offer this afternoon.
Do you think it would be a decent start? All my work will be primarily based around pen making.

Thanks for you input

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It looks like an older model, its a fair price on a used lathe if its the 10 x18 or 9 x20 size. Most of those lathes are made from the same company under different names. IF there is no damage and some extras make him an offer.

darrin1200

Well I pulled the pin and bout it for $600. Including a box full of addons and a bench.

It turns out that it was oeigionally from busy bee. It is a model ct-918. From a little research last night, this machine was sold buy a quite a few different companies. I think it originally came with a plastic safety gear, but that was replaced with a metal one. (Plastic one was in the box).

It also has been modified to allow the lead screw to be reversed to do L&R threading.

Now, since I haven't touched a metal lathe in about 15yrs, I have some relearning to do.

Thanks for the help.

Justturnin

Congrats. I know nothing about the lathe but I love working on mine (not the same model) even though I still have no idea what I am doing

Top Bottom