Harbor Freight VS Little Macine Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Do you know if you can attach a woodworking tool rest on any of these?
Yes - they make an attachment just for that but I found it more convenient to use a round steel bar (I use a Harbor Freight transfer punch) mounted in the tool holder. If you get the quick change tool post, its very easy to adjust the height.

manatee

Check out Micro Mark they have a 7 x 16 which is what I bought last year. I have since upgraded to a Grizzly gunsmith lathe. I might be willing to sell my Micro Mark since I don't use it any longer.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
The 7x10 is actually a 7x8, the 7x12 is a true 7x12

All the 7x10s are actually Seig C2 model 200s (200 mm between centers [8"])

Most the 7x12s are actually Seig C2 model 300s (300 mm between centers [12"])

The HiTorque 7x12 is actually a Seig SC2 model 300, it has a motor with 2x the HP of a C2

cwolfs69

all of the reviews i have read, and i have read a plenty, say that they are madein the same plant. the quality is the same on all of them. that means you just need to look at the difference in features. the little machine shop, in my opinion, for the money is the best bet. larger tables, high torque DC motor so no gear changing. runs from slowest to fastest spindle with just the rheostat. there is a pretty reasonable upgrade to CNC on the little machine shop also.
just MHO.

George417

Thanks for the input. After reading all of the replies and other topics here I'm saving my money for the HyTorque 7X12 mini Lathe from The Little Machine Shop. I've got a few more fairs to do, then will have enough money.

Mapster

Check out Micro Mark they have a 7 x 16 which is what I bought last year. I have since upgraded to a Grizzly gunsmith lathe. I might be willing to sell my Micro Mark since I don't use it any longer.

Still thinking of selling it? I sent you a pm. Let me know, I am definitely interested

Top Bottom