Finally Joined The Club!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bluwolf

Alright you guys! If you keep it up I'm gonna turn this thread right around and we're going home! No ice cream for any of you!:biggrin:

Mike

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
No pics didnt happen:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I will let Chuck give all the good juicy news there is to give.

bluwolf

Actually, we've been out in the shop all day. The guys didn't leave that long ago. I know Chuck isn't even home yet. It was a long but successful day I think. Chuck and Marshall both seem to be happy campers with their new (to them) lathes.

By noon it looked like a bomb had gone off in my shop. Chuck's 9x20 was in a 100 pieces:biggrin: Marshall was milling a couple brackets for his Atlas. But by the end of the day, both lathes were back together and everybody was happy, at least I think they were:rolleyes:.

We checked Chuck's 3 jaw for runout. The needle on the dial indicator barely moved, less than 1/2 of a thousandths at 6 inches away from the chuck. We're not taking credit for that, we didn't do anything to it. He just got lucky with a decent chuck and spindle.

Marshall's Atlas was looking pretty sweet by the time Mike and Marshall were done with it. They had cooked up a couple neat little details on it that I thought were pretty nice.

That's all I got. The rest will have to come from them.

Mike

bluwolf

No pics didnt happen:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I will let Chuck give all the good juicy news there is to give.

Wow, I guess I spent too much time typing while you were short and to the point:biggrin: But you're right. Chuck and Marshall both need to post pix.

Mike

Last edited:
Top Bottom