Craftsman 6x12

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi All,

I worked in a machine shop for about 1 year after I got out of high school. Then I worked on a maintenance crew for 6 years. In that time I got to use a metal lathe a few times but that was 30 years ago. Well my father had a small metal lathe and when he and my mother moved to Florida it got taken from his shop along with the tools that I used to use when I worked at GS Precision. These tools also belonged to my Grand Father so they are more than special to me. Well my brother in law called me last week and as it turns out he had that lathe and tools all these years. He offered them to me and I was just thrilled. He brought them down last week and I set the lathe all up, leveled it and hooked it to my bench. I spent hours cleaning it up, oiling it and just getting things back up and ready to run. I put a dead center in the head and tail stock and checked the alignment and it is dead on.

Well tonight I went down to turn a pen and decided to take the tool that I got from JohnyCNC and put a 60 degree bevel on the bushings that I was using. They came our perfect. So I guess I will be messing around a bit with this thing for small jobs like this.

Top Bottom