CHECK THIS ONE OUT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

i took our mantel c lock to the repair shop today. while there, being a mechanical guy myself, i spent a lot of time discussing thing with the repairman. very interesting guy. however, the subject of this post is the lathe that he had in his display case. yes i said IN his display case. the whole thing was only about 9" long. this little jewel was amazing. nice camlock tailstock, four jaw independant chuck, faceplate, collets (the smallest was about 1/64"), feed and threading screw. crosslide, compound, everything you would find on a large top of the line. lathe. it runs as well. this thing is so old the motor is an open frame type. a couple of pics here and a link to an album i put on line today. your thoughts are welcome. being a 30+ year machinist, it fascinated me.

DSCF1674.jpg DSCF1679.jpg DSCF1695.jpg
link to full album: photo album of lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Charley,

THankyou for showing the delightful little lathe I have a mate an amateur jeweler with 12 lathes of mini proportion and each one has its own character, method of propulsion.

Kind regards Peter.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
i took our mantel c lock to the repair shop today. while there, being a mechanical guy myself, i spent a lot of time discussing thing with the repairman. very interesting guy. however, the subject of this post is the lathe that he had in his display case. yes i said IN his display case. the whole thing was only about 9" long. this little jewel was amazing. nice camlock tailstock, four jaw independant chuck, faceplate, collets (the smallest was about 1/64"), feed and threading screw. crosslide, compound, everything you would find on a large top of the line. lathe. it runs as well. this thing is so old the motor is an open frame type. a couple of pics here and a link to an album i put on line today. your thoughts are welcome. being a 30+ year machinist, it fascinated me.

View attachment 94035 View attachment 94036 View attachment 94037

Looks to be made for a serious small item turner. My neighbor has a very small lathe he used for turning things for doll house furniture.

While we're talking about small lathes, here's a photo of a bench lathe in a watchmakers' shop from the civil war era. I saw it through a window in one of the museums in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia while I passed through there on the way to the MAPG. It is driven by a wheel about 24" in diameter, attached to a motor that is on the bottom shelf of the work bench.

View attachment 94035 View attachment 94036 View attachment 94037

Attachments

• Richmond trip 2013 042.jpg
    Richmond trip 2013 042.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Top Bottom