Atlas H54

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gofer

One of the main concerns for a lot of us is "which one to buy". I found a Atlas H54 for sale in an upcoming auction not far from my dads farm. If this lathe is in good shape what would a reasonable price be for it?

Pictures of the lathe are at http://www.kramerauction.ca/auctions/equipment/displaysale_v2.php?AuctionID=547

As all older tools will have their own problems and require some repairs or tweaking what would be better to learn with, a lathe like this or something like a Grizzly G0602?

Any input is welcomed.

Bruce

Haynie

That is a pretty farm. When I see farms for sale at Auction it kind of makes me sad. A way of life that is quickly disappearing.

Curly

You have time before the auction to do more research. It looks like a nice old lathe and if in good condition and has all the gears with it would work for you.

However it does not have a quick change gearbox, so every thread pitch change will need to be made by removing and changing gears. I don't know if you can get any gears for cutting metric threads. If you can I seriously doubt there will be any with it as it was likely made before you were born.

Unless it is dirt cheap I would pass.

Top Bottom