7x16 on sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Chuck,
Congrats on the new addition. Looks like you sold the 9x20.....I can't wait to see the new piece of equipment at the next DRO install party.

PenMan1

Thanks for the info, Chuck! That is certainly an attractive price.

Have you worked with this lathe? I have used both the 7 x 10, and the 7 x 12. Neither of those machines really allowed for doing some things that I want to do.

In your opinion, is the "stretch" enough of a bump out to do all of the things that you anticipate? That is NOT much of a price difference over the 7x12, which I think is inadequate for my needs. ( I know that you are very familiar with the 9x20, which is a pretty good step up in price).

Thanks again for the "heads up".

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck,
Congrats on the new addition. Looks like you sold the 9x20.....I can't wait to see the new piece of equipment at the next DRO install party.
Cris, I'll let you know when that is going to happen.

Thanks for the info, Chuck! That is certainly an attractive price.

Have you worked with this lathe? I have used both the 7 x 10, and the 7 x 12. Neither of those machines really allowed for doing some things that I want to do.

In your opinion, is the "stretch" enough of a bump out to do all of the things that you anticipate? That is NOT much of a price difference over the 7x12, which I think is inadequate for my needs. ( I know that you are very familiar with the 9x20, which is a pretty good step up in price).

Thanks again for the "heads up".
Andy, I had the 7x14 Microlux, and loved it. Mike Roux made an adapter for my collet chuck, because I asked him to, and there was just enough room between centers to work with. So, the extra 2" will be plenty. My main problem with the 9x20, was my laziness. No VS, and no TS cam lock. You just don't realize how many times, you need to move the TS, until you have to crank that bolt with a wrench. I know this lathe will suffice for my needs.

Mapster

Here we go again, starting from step one :rolleyes:. At least it will make you happier! Let me know when the dro party is, I will show up if possible. I probably won't be able to though as I don't get back until July 28 :frown:. Can't wait to see it!

waynewright

Chuck,

Bought this model about 4 weeks ago and they delivered it in two day. I'm fairly new to metal lathes but this lathe is a lot of fun and so far the specs have been very good. I think you will like yours when you get it set up and running.

take care,
Wayne

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
At that price, I'm tempted to give up on my shop addition.... :cool:
$100 is $100 getting a good lathe, and allows me to get the QCTP, tools and DRO.

Here we go again, starting from step one :rolleyes:. At least it will make you happier! Let me know when the dro party is, I will show up if possible. I probably won't be able to though as I don't get back until July 28 :frown:. Can't wait to see it!
I'm hoping this week end Marshall. I'll let you know.

Chuck,

Bought this model about 4 weeks ago and they delivered it in two day. I'm fairly new to metal lathes but this lathe is a lot of fun and so far the specs have been very good. I think you will like yours when you get it set up and running.

take care,
Wayne
Thanks Wayne, I ordered it at around 11:00 this morning, and just got an email saying it has shipped.:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
This time remember to bring your supervisors chair with you.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
That's a pretty good deal. I may have to think hard about getting one of these before September.

OKLAHOMAN

If I hadn'r bought Ricks 7x14 with all the goodies I would have jumped on this. BTW you guys down in Florida are having way too much fun.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good for you Chuck. It is nice to see that you are keeping Mike busy in his retirement. :tongue:
LOL...I haven't heard him complain yet :tongue::biggrin:

This time remember to bring your supervisors chair with you.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I'll bring one for you too :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

That's a pretty good deal. I may have to think hard about getting one of these before September.
It may be awhile before it comes around again.:wink:

If I hadn'r bought Ricks 7x14 with all the goodies I would have jumped on this. BTW you guys down in Florida are having way too much fun.
I know what you mean Roy. Hindsite 20/20 and all that. It would be nice if you could join us sometime. We do have fun.

bluwolf

As usual, I'm late to the party...

Good for you Chuck. It is nice to see that you are keeping Mike busy in his retirement. :tongue:

I am NOT retired. I'm just gainfully unemployed at the moment...:rolleyes:

I'm hoping this week end Marshall. I'll let you know.

Hey Chuck, thanks for the heads up. I'll check back here for any details:biggrin:

I'll bring one for you too :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

What about me, I don't rate a chair?!

I know what you mean Roy. Hindsite 20/20 and all that. It would be nice if you could join us sometime. We do have fun.[/quote]

Roy, that 7x14 will serve you just fine. And I would think being through Rick's hands is a bonus:wink:

cnirenberg

IPD_Mr

You guys really need to put up a shop cam and streamline the event.

Hey what is the over and under on the number of naps Chuck takes while the DRO is being installed? :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Mike....have I ever showed up unannounced? Of course I'll let you know too:biggrin::biggrin: Yes, you do deserve a chair, but you'll have to vie with Redburn for it, since I only have two.:biggrin: Really, I plan to do some of the work this time.:wink:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Hey what is the over and under on the number of naps Chuck takes while the DRO is being installed? :biggrin:
FUNNY,FUNNY guy!! :biggrin: I actually did doze off one time. :redface: I don't think there will be any video productions any time soon. You'll just have to come down and sit in.:biggrin:

bluwolf

Mike....have I ever showed up unannounced? Of course I'll let you know too:biggrin::biggrin: Yes, you do deserve a chair, but you'll have to vie with Redburn for it, since I only have two.:biggrin: Really, I plan to do some of the work this time.:wink:

If you're going to make the parts this time, I don't have to fight Mike for a chair. I'll just take yours, it did look pretty comfy:biggrin:

FUNNY,FUNNY guy!! :biggrin: I actually did doze off one time. :redface: I don't think there will be any video productions any time soon. You'll just have to come down and sit in.:biggrin:

Okay, he can come down. But he has to bring his own chair. I'm not fighting everyone for a seat in my own shop.

Mike

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
:biggrin:Normally we have at least 2 if not 3 supervisors in full capacity. We look like a county work party. 2 men sitting watching the 3rd guy work.:eek: Sometimes ONE of them takes a nap.:rolleyes: THen we order lunch and after an hour or so go back to work, or at least one of us does. Sometimes the going gets really rough, I had to bring my own fan as Mike hogs his. There are no little snacks or free drinks (other than fighting the dog for his) and there is no one to wait on us hand and foot while we supervise! If Chris ever does really show up its a free for all for the seating. Iit is so much fun I cant wait till the next one.:biggrin:

IPD_Mr

I may have to get a hydraulic shop stool for this. I need to be sitting high above the rest of you. No not in dominance but so I see over everyone to see what is going on.

Speaking of good chairs, I think Linda is considering an antique barber's chair. They make for a good napping chair.

PTownSubbie

Chuck,

Was that counting the dosing you did when I was down there? :cool::tongue:

bluwolf

:biggrin:Normally we have at least 2 if not 3 supervisors in full capacity. We look like a county work party. 2 men sitting watching the 3rd guy work.:eek: Sometimes ONE of them takes a nap.:rolleyes: THen we order lunch and after an hour or so go back to work, or at least one of us does. Sometimes the going gets really rough, I had to bring my own fan as Mike hogs his. There are no little snacks or free drinks (other than fighting the dog for his) and there is no one to wait on us hand and foot while we supervise! If Chris ever does really show up its a free for all for the seating. Iit is so much fun I cant wait till the next one.:biggrin:

Wait, I assume you're talking about Trooper. You see what he does when you try to go get a cup of coffee by yourself. Do you really want to fight him for food he thinks is his?:biggrin: The guys know he's very defensive of the house. Let's just say I don't have to deal with door to door salesman for long.

I may have to get a hydraulic shop stool for this. I need to be sitting high above the rest of you. No not in dominance but so I see over everyone to see what is going on.

Speaking of good chairs, I think Linda is considering an antique barber's chair. They make for a good napping chair.

I have a couple of bar stools in the shop. But if you really want to bring the barber's chair I guess that would be okay...

Mike

Top Bottom