7x14 Mini Lathe on Sale @LMS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bluwolf

There seemed to be some interest lately so if anyone is interested, Little Machine Shop has their base model 7x14 mini lathe on sale for $499.95, regularly $699.95. The LMS model has a nice digital speed read out.The base model mini mill is also on sale for the same price. It's spec'ed out much nicer than either the HF or Grizzly.

Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bluwolf

Although it's true that the lathes all come from the same place each vendor can spec different details and quality control standards.

For starters, the LMS lathe has a digital readout for the RPMs. Not a huge deal without it, but nice to have. More importantly (to me), it has a cam lock tailstock. I don't believe the HF lathe has one.

This is also Little Machine Shop's bread and butter. Their whole business is based around these lathes and mills. They have great customer service and knowledgeable staff. If you're just starting out with this stuff I'd consider that pretty important. When I had my 7x I got it from somewhere else because at the time LMS wasn't selling machines, just parts and tooling. But I got everything else, including help, from them.

I've got a bigger lathe now but if I was buying this size again I wouldn't hesitate to get it from them. Sorry if this sounds like an ad for them but if you ask around I think you'll find they have plenty of happy customers.

Mike

bluwolf

Does that mean you're not going to order it from them?:biggrin: You'll forget about the pain of the shipping long before the pain of a bad machine. That's a gift that keeps on giving.

Mike

ironman123

Uh-oh Mike. Keep bragging on them and they might send you a free carriage stop.
(Just B.S.ing you)
They are good and have great customer care.

bluwolf

I don't think they've got a carriage stop for my 12x36. Besides, I finally got around to making one after over shooting my mark a few hundred times:rolleyes:

Mike

dansills

Does that mean you're not going to order it from them?:biggrin: You'll forget about the pain of the shipping long before the pain of a bad machine. That's a gift that keeps on giving.

Mike

Probably. A nearly 50% of sale price charge for shipping is obscenely expensive in my opinion. I think I will move forward with HF at this point.

Top Bottom