spring clean up 7

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacrapelje

spring clean up 7 -Group 1 is still available

Hopefully this is the last of the clean up becuse it is hard to see some of these blanks go. These are all cream of the crop blanks I have been saving but haven't got around to using them so here they go.

Group 1: two pictures of 6 amboyna burl all cut from the same burl slab. Some awesome two tone blanks which are rare and make artistic pens and a quick sellers. #4 is a little shorter than 5 inches as it has a taper but this is about as good as amboyna gets. $25 each for 5 and 6 and 20 each for the rest or all them for $100.

Group 2: two pictures of more amboyna. Some real nice two tone blanks in here as well. You should be able to get 8 pens out of this batch. Some are shorter than 5 inches as you can see. The last blank has a bark inclusion but is dry and easy to cast or fill with epoxy or crushed stones. Blank 3 has a crack in the sapwood which is common but should be an easy fill. That blank shows the true beauty of amboyna it looks like a bunch of fire balls exploding in the blank. I will be sad to see it go as I have held onto if for a long time. $120 or will separate if someone doesn't want it all.

Stabilized maple burl at its finest. These are the cream of the crop all are oversized and have strong figure and some have amazing blackline spalting. $10 each or all of them for $50

Attachments

• 1 1 amboyna b1.jpg
    1 1 amboyna b1.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 1 1  a amboyna b2.jpg
    1 1 a amboyna b2.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 1 1 a amboyna with sapa.jpg
    1 1 a amboyna with sapa.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 1 1 a amboyna 1a.jpg
    1 1 a amboyna 1a.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 1 1 a stabilized spalted maple.jpg
    1 1 a stabilized spalted maple.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I will take all Amboyna subject to approval assuming there are 13 still available.

I need to know the width/thickness and usable length specs for any under 5", please.

Oh, dear ... I see that Lance has already claimed Group #2 ... that means I have to reconsider.

Last edited:

magpens

I withdraw my claim for any Amboyna in the belief that Lance has prior claim on the Group 2 Amboyna, which is my primary interest.

If Lance withdraws his Post #3 claim on "Group #2", then I would like the Group 2 Amboyna, please, and I would also like the Group 1 Amboyna if it is still available at that time. I would take just Group 2 if it becomes available, even if Group 1 is not available at that time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom