spalted maple burl, HRB and redwood burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacrapelje

It was raining hard here today so all the photos were taking in door with shop lighting. Money back guarantee on all my blanks.

First up is the rest of my HRB no real burl eyes but nice colors and swirls. the blanks range in size from just under 3/4 to 3/4 and 5 inches and four half blanks. $27 bucks.

I have some redwood burl about 30 lbs. I cut 6 blanks all with eyes for $20. I can cut more if there is interest.

I have quite a bit of spalted maple burl too. This stuff will need to be stabilized but is dry and will take dye well too. Real nice spalting and color in these two pieces, lots of pen blanks in these blocks. $25 for both pieces plus shipping.

I have prime grade, covered in eyes blanks of brown mallee (5.00) and amboyna burl (16.50) too. Trying to sell off some of my stash. The brown mallee picture is a stock photo but it all has pretty consistent figure, nice tight eyes probably the densest eyes of any burl and rock hard from growing in the Australian desert.

Attachments

• rosewood 4.jpg
    rosewood 4.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 151
  • redwood burl2.jpg
    redwood burl2.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 111
  • maple burl blocks1.jpg
    maple burl blocks1.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 134
  • maple burl3.jpg
    maple burl3.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 103
  • brown mallee.jpg
    brown mallee.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

isaacrapelje

Tom- I sanded the HRB and noticed a crack so I broke one blank at the crack but have the matching piece that you could epoxy back or just make into a shorter blank. I did sand the blanks so you can see the figure better. Let me know if you still want the HRB.

Also some people have asked about the amboyna blanks. What I have left is from my private stock and is all highly figured covered in eyes. I have quite a few blanks the photo is an accurate representation of the quality of blanks. Money back if you are not happy. I can also cut prime grade maple blanks that are slightly under 3/4 thick 10 for $35.

Attachments

• amboyna1.jpg
    amboyna1.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 122
  • iap crop.jpg
    iap crop.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Amboyna sample.jpg
    Amboyna sample.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 148
  • maple burl .jpg
    maple burl .jpg