Some Australian pen blanks packs for sale...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi everyone

NOTE: I would appreciate if the Aussie members would restrain from ordering any of these 10 packs as they were specifically put together for our overseas friends that, have to pay ridiculous shipping charges from Australia. These packs were selected for this add, and are at the lowest cost I can offer them, so that with the shipping costs, still make them a fair purchase, allowing more people to have a go at these Aussie blanks...!

If you are in Australia and want identical blanks, most of them are and have been already available on my eBay store, for some time.

If you can't find there what you want, let me know...!

Here I have, 10 packs of woods that most of you are already familiar with, plus a few other bits that, I never offered for sale before...!

Each pack has been weighed to fit in a 500gr Postal box...!

Please remember, these blanks are in Australia...!

Freight cost to USA and Canada (please, request quote for any other countries).
All prices are quoted on the Regular Air-mail option, by Australia Post.

Note: An USA Customs sub-charge of $9.00 will apply, with any order to the USA over the 500gr total weight limit

*- 500gr. (USA & CA) -- AU$17.25+$2.00(box)=AU$19.25

*- 1kg. (USA & CA) -- AU$30.75+$2.00(box)=AU$32.75

*- Other weights, please contact me for quote...!

No blanks are under 2.5" length, with full pen blanks being an average of 21mm square x 130mm long...!

Please, post here the pack number(s) you are interested in, so that others can see what is still available, thank you...!

You will be then contacted with the payments details...!

PAYPAL, only.

*- Platypus Gum Burl #26-B solid eyed burled shorts pack #1 @ AU$10.00
Pack #1.jpg

*- Platypus Gum Burl #26-B solid eyed burled shorts pack #2 @ AU$10.00
100_2631z.jpg

*- Platypus Gum Burl #26-B solid eyed burled shorts pack #3 @ AU$10.00
Pack#3.jpg

*- Platypus Gum Burl #26-B with snow white spalting (soft) pack #4 @ AU$7.00
Pack#4.jpg

*- Platypus Gum Burl #26-B heavily brown spalted shorts pack #5 @ AU$7.00
100_2636z.jpg

*- Platypus Gum Burl #26-B heavily brown splated shorts pack #6 @ AU$7.00
100_2637z.jpg

*- Spotted Gum Root Burl #7B pack #7 @ AU$15.00
Pack#7.jpg

*- Spotted Gum Root Burl #7B pack #8 @ AU$15.00
Pack#8.jpg

*- Spotted Gum Root Burl #7B pack #9 @ AU$15.00
Pack#9.jpg

*- Almond Burl shorts #19B and Peppercorn Burl #57B pack #10 @ AU$10.00
100_2646z.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I would like Pack #8 please:

Spotted Gum Root Burl #7B pack #8 @ AU$15.00

Shipping to Canada. Please PM with total cost and PayPal info.

Thanks, Mal

Last edited:

robutacion

update

Mal, Curt and philb, your orders have been confirmed, thanks...!

philb was my first contact by PM as he needed some other stuff not listed here...!

Some of the woods on sale in this add, have been shown here on IAP, with CA finish on the regular pen blanks samples I make however, they may be hard to find so, and to assist those looking at the blanks and not being sure how they turn out round (at least), I attached some of those sample pics...!

Interestingly, a few weeks ago I received a product news update/promotion from one of a few big USA and Canada suppliers that I'm subscribed with, and member. For the first time I saw on sale and on special, in this particular occasion, one type of Aussie blanks that I also sell, even tough very rare and all almost gone, and that is the Spotted Gum Burl #7B. I never saw this type wood on sale before so I look a bit closer and saw the prices they were selling for. Fair to say that, they were being offered commercially stabilised and at $8.95 from $9.95 EACH as their normal price.

Unnecessary would be to say that, I got "surprised" twice. Such as life...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: Pics of the Platypus solid Burl are available on my eBay store as for the pics of the samples of the Spotted Gum Root Burl, I will be buggered if I can find them as these blanks are lo longer of the eBay store due to a very small number of them left...!
I think I will look for the sample and take new pics...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 101_1354_(1).jpg
    101_1354_(1).jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_0135_(1).jpg
    100_0135_(1).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 158
  • 100_0221_(1).jpg
    100_0221_(1).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_1299.jpg
    100_1299.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

robutacion

Spotted Gum Root Burl, pictures

Well, sometimes I get frustrated when I know I've done a story and or took pics of something, and I just can't find it...!:mad:

It happens that, before I join to IAP I spend some considerable time at the Canadian "Paradise" pens forum, and anything I have put in there, was totally remove and destroyed, for some reason that will be forever beyond my understanding, as necessary or justified :eek::mad: so, in between trying to work out what I lost there and my horror event of loosing about 6,000 pictures near 3 years ago, from my computer system, beyond any recuperation chances, I struggle with looking and looking for something I know I had/did but can't find it so, sometimes and when ever possible (which most of the times, is not...!), re-take pics are the only solution.

In this case, the Spotted Gum Root Burl sample pics, was what I was looking for, together with the full story I wrote when I found those roots but, the story was in Paradise forum (unfortunately) and so were the pics of the sample so, re-taken some new pics wasn't to hard as I always keep the samples as my private wood collection type thing...!:)

So, I took a few pics today of that sample and I also found a couple of pics from those sliced burls that I had put on my old Photobucket account...!

As I said, these type blanks are almost all gone, the ones on the add are the best I've got left, from another dozen or so that may go for casting. I have tough, and I'm very pleased with that, a box full of the off-cuts and bur edges I kept from when I was processing the burls into pen blanks, apart from a full considerable size burl that I sold to a good friend that visited me from a long way away...!:wink::biggrin:

I only wish that I could find more of this stuff, I keep looking hard though...!:wink::)

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 100_2648z.jpg
    100_2648z.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 008z.jpg
    008z.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 142
  • timber preparation 106_(1).jpg
    timber preparation 106_(1).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 118
  • timber preparation 084_(1).jpg
    timber preparation 084_(1).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 105
  • Timbers preparation 022_(1).jpg
    Timbers preparation 022_(1).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 106

robutacion

Please I would like, as a second order, Pack #6 - THEY MUST NOT BE SOFT ANYWHERE. I know they are spalted. But if they have soft spots, I can't use them.

Don't quote yet, as I intend to enlarge this order.

One item I want is five Peppercorn Burl blanks as in Pact #10 (Sold) above. Please dry these for me using Microwave as you offered to do.

I will be in touch with you again to try to fill up a 2 Kg box of very pretty wood !! I would be open to suggestions from you.

Shipping to Canada

Thanks,
Mal

NOTE: The second order from magpens, has been deleted.

Sure Mal, no problem...!

You may have to thing in an alternative, as these specific Platypus Gum Burl blanks have soft areas, in fact, the only reason nature as given them this colour, was after the fungi as entered the wood and started its decomposing stages.

I know that they may not be the easiest blanks to work with, as they are, as so many of other woods that have entered the decomposing stages. Spalting is only one of dozens of bacteria that is feeding from the solid wood and softer spots within these type wood conditions, always require some stabilising or soaking with wood hardener or very thin CA.

At this time, I have to offer these spalted blanks as is, as I don't have yet a stabilisation set-up but, there is going to change soon, as we speak, I'm looking into the vacuum chamber and pump suitable for at least a 1cubit feet capacity chamber. I have also contacted Curtis about supplying the Cactus Juice, at the moment waiting for him to reply on the shipping costs of the 5 gallon drums....!.

The only reason I selected these blanks for this add is that, I'm selling them very cheap, and I know that many of the guys here already have a stabilisation set-up of have/know of someone near by that could stabilise a few for them, or simply use the CA to harden them, been light weight gives a great advantage for you guys overseas as, I can fit a lot more blanks, in a set weight box.

There are some from this burl that have browns and are very solid or solid enough that would need any hardening to be worked on and finished so we may have to look into them...!

I will get some of those Peppercorn Burl blanks ready, soon...!

I will be ready when you are...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

any interest...???

Hi peoples,

Before this add ends, there has been a few enquiries about those Peppercorn blanks, part of the last pack #10. The tree was cut only a few months ago so the wood is green, including the burls however, I processed a bit of everything then and one of my drying towers only contains the burl cut into pen blanks but far from being ready as it will air dry, and that will take another year.

Those blanks sold (pack 10), where some I microwave to allow me to make the samples and other test and some of you have asked if I have more so, I'm explaining what their stage/situation is...!

But, the reason for this post is to request that, if any of you would like some also (they will be sold in packs of 6 blanks @ AU$18.00 for the pack, only) to express your interest so that I can decided if I should microwave a number of these and then, sell purchase another add time here, so that I can make the sale to those interested.

I will not process any more than 60 blanks which will produce 10 packs of 6 blanks each, as 10 pictures is also the maximum number of pics allow in the add so, all match up.

There is a considerable amount of sanding and buggering about with these blanks after coming out of the microwave so, and unless I get at least 8 people interested (8 packs, at least) I will not spend the time with them at this point as I need to invest some time on other stuff...!

So, let me know what you think about this issue...!

PS: Please, I only accept expressions of interest at this point so, do not try to order as such as that will be done in a proper way, going through the IAP requirements on these issues...!

Thank you.

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Katya

Greetings, George
I'd like to purchase the gum root burl pack #7. Looks really intriguing! I don't have a stabilization set-up either.. will I need it for this pack?
Cheers
Catherine

robutacion

Greetings, George
I'd like to purchase the gum root burl pack #7. Looks really intriguing! I don't have a stabilization set-up either.. will I need it for this pack?
Cheers
Catherine

Thanks Catherine,

Info send...!

These blanks can be used without stabilisation however, they have some normal burl cracks that will have to be filled. Some blanks by the time they get to final size, show no need or very little filling that can be either done to match using its own sawdust or filled with Turquoise crashed stone, gold powders and other...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom