Redwood burl and maple burl casting blanks from Rocky...#138

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Hi Guys, I'm offering the last of my really "pointy" redwood burl casting "ends" plus some bigleaf maple blocks that might make some nice resin cast spheres.
Hope you can use some/all of 'em. : )

RP68, $25.00 + $4.00 to ship = $29.00 total. California redwood burl casting blanks. Sixteen pieces will measure 3/4" x 3/4 x 2 1/2 to 4" long. These are sapwood "ends" that came from an incredibly intense pin burl slab. Some of them may be a little shy of 3/4". When I cut them, they were green and as they dried they warped a bit. When I sanded them to get some of the rough edges smoothed out, a less than 3/4 measurement was the result. Misted pics show two sides. The "brown" tint is the color they all were before I sanded them. I didn't want to sand any more and use up wood. : )

rp68b.jpg
rp68c.jpg

MP29, $27.75 + $7.25 to ship = $35.00 total. Hi Guys, here are three bigleaf maple blocks that might make some resin cast spheres. I love those things...wish I could make 'em but I know folks who can, so...here they are. Three pieces will measure about 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 x 3 3/4 and 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 x 4 3/4 and 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 x 5 1/4". One dry pic and a bunch of misted show all sides. Since these weathered on a river bar for years, some of the sapwood may be soft and need stabilizing. Ya know guys, these are big enough to resaw for 4 stopper blocks...each would have a very cool natural edge on top....perfect for resin cast stoppers.

mp29a.jpg
mp29c.jpg
mp29d.jpg
mp29e.jpg

MP30, $27.75 + $7.25 to ship = $35.00 total. Hi Guys, here are three bigleaf maple blocks that might make some resin cast spheres. I love those things...wish I could make 'em but I know folks who can, so...here they are. Three pieces will measure about 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 and 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 1/2 and 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 x 5". One dry pic and a bunch of misted show all sides. Since these weathered on a river bar for years, some of the sapwood may be soft and need stabilizing. Ya know guys, these are big enough to resaw for 4 stopper blocks...each would have a very cool natural edge on top....perfect for resin cast stoppers.

mp30a.jpg
mp30bb.jpg
mp30dd.jpg
mp30gg.jpg

That's all of 'em guys. If you'd like some please post in the thread and I'll PM you with details. Thank you all who buy my blanks, I appreciate it. Rocky

Top Bottom