Quilted maple, curly koa and brown mallee burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

I am going through my pen blanks and turning blanks and seeing if anyone has any interest in these. I have more and other woods as well. Shipping will be flat rate envelopes through USPS.

Group 1: Quilted maple blanks most oversize. The picture doesn't show the figure well because it was overcast outside but nice shimmer to these blanks when the sunlight hits. Would be great dyed and stabilized to make the figure pop. 20 blanks $10.

Group 2: Koa and curly koa four are curly and two are close to 1 inch thick. One has some nice spalted sapwood. Again the picture doesn't capture the curl well. $25

Group 3: Brown mallee burl, dense and densely eyed burl from Australia. & full blanks but two have a defect at one end that might turn out or might not but should yield at least 4.5 inches turned. $35 buck

I have lots of curly big leaf maple and big leaf maple burl if you want some to fill out your order. Also have amboyna and other woods if you need something. I hope to be listing more soon.

Attachments

• aa quilted maple.jpg
    aa quilted maple.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 648
  • aakoa1.jpg
    aakoa1.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 627
  • aabrown mallee.jpg
    aabrown mallee.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 570
  • abquilted.jpg
    abquilted.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 461
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

Big leaf maple

Neil- I have quite of bit of maple burl much of it spalted. I have lots of quilted and curly squares and thins from music industry quality wood. I also have natural edge scraps for casting. What sizes are you looking for? I usually sell 10 maple burl pen blanks for 30 bucks or so. I also have some amboyna burl sample pictures to show what pen blanks would look like.

Attachments

• maple block.jpg
    maple block.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 832
  • maple burls small1.jpg
    maple burls small1.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 316
  • Amboyna sample.jpg
    Amboyna sample.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 504
  • amboyna prime x.jpg
    amboyna prime x.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 296
  • 58 ab 1a best.jpg
    58 ab 1a best.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 410

isaacrapelje

Mark I have quite a bit of amboyna and the prices range from 12-20 bucks depending on size and quality. The 3/4 x 5 blanks heartwood or heartwood and or a little sapwood exhibition 100% burl eyes are generally $14 bucks each.

lhowell

I would like the koa if still available and wouldn't mind one sapwood amboyna burl and one without sapwood amboyna burl please!

socdad

Mark I have quite a bit of amboyna and the prices range from 12-20 bucks depending on size and quality. The 3/4 x 5 blanks heartwood or heartwood and or a little sapwood exhibition 100% burl eyes are generally $14 bucks each.

I had the opportunity to pick up several ambonya burl blanks from isaacrapelje last summer, they are simply spectacular!

bally15

Hello How much would you charge for 5 blanks shipped to Canada T4B0V6
Im looking for the Amboyna with sap and Maille burl
Thanks

isaacrapelje

Shipped

Thanks guys. All orders are shipped you should see them in three days or less.

Bally15 the shipping is 23 bucks for a flat rate box. The best grade amboyna with sap are $20 bucks each and the best grade brown Malle are 4.00 each. So $143 total I would throw in some extras to help fill the box so I am not shipping air.

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom