Pressure Pot Caddy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeAMaker

I finally designed a caddy for my Pressure pot castings.
It's much easier to lower the caddy in the pot than it is to try and place the mold in without spilling the goo.

I'll be listing them for sale in the MakerHive store, probably next week. Introductory Price will be $11.00 (regular price will be $14.50) and flat rate shipping USPS $6.50 - $7. If you live in Canada, and don't mind USPS snail mail, the best I can do on shipping is $18.50.

PM if you are interested and I will let you know as soon as they are available. I will even put your logo on it for an additional $1.00 You provide the dxf file with a line art of your design.

The Caddy can hold a single Tall mold or raise the shelf form multiple small molds. Should fit most pressure pots. 9" d x 8" t (288mm d x 203mm t) SS #4 machine screws and nuts included. Made of 1/4" Melamine coated MDF. Light and sturdy.

Vender inquiries welcome.

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg

pp3.jpg

pp4.jpg

pp5.gif

Last edited:

magpens

Looks like a beautifully designed and manufactured piece.

I would buy one if I had a pressure pot !

BeeAMaker

In case I missed anyone -

The Pressure Pot Caddy is ready for order,
The MakerHive - Pressure Pot Caddy

There is a Image on the ordering page that shows how it assembles, pretty straight forward and simple. If you have any questions or issues, feel free to PM me.

If your product is damaged in shipping, contact me with a pic of it as soon as you can. I will send out a new one ASAP, no charge. (the pic is for insurance claim with USPS)

Note that sometimes after checking out, the PayPal page will return you to your shopping cart and it may appear as if you have not placed your order. Don't re-submit as I most likely received your order. If you don't receive a shipping notice within a few hours of ordering, then shoot me an email or contact me here. I'm not sure what is causing this issue.

Thanks!

EDIT
Forgot to mention, if you are in Canada and don't want to pay the international shipping of $30.00 then contact me for a snail mail Quote - but most likely it will run about $18 - $20
Thanks

Last edited:

StumpyThumb

First run with mine went great. Assembly was easy, and the shelf is the best part IMO. The laser burning left a bit of a smell and sone residue, but easily taken care of with a quick swab of alcohol.

~Eric

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

BeeAMaker

Glade to hear everyone is enjoying their kit!

@StumpyThump Yes, that's the bad part of this material. Laser cuts easy, but leaves a char and the smell will dissipate after a little while.

A little but of thin CA around the edges will help seal and protect the edges and seal in that char.

BeeAMaker

Just ordered one, many thanks for designing and producing this! I take for granted this will work with my HF pot.

Larry

Should fit the HF pot no problem. If not let me know and I will see what I can do to make it fit! (maybe send you a bigger hammer!) :biggrin:

If anyone has an unusual size pot, send me your dimensions and I will quote you a price on cutting one.

dthayer

Got mine a few days ago - it is awesome! Perfect fit for the HF pressure pot. It's a super design, easy to assemble and use, and is so much better than the old "Bear in the Big Blue House" plate that I was using! :rolleyes:

vmsherp

I'd like to get some feed back from everyone also.

THANKS!

Folks I just assembled mine and this is a great unit for the money! Far sturdier than I'd have thought, due to well-chosen hardware. I'd expected simple screws that would tear out if not glued, instead they provide a nifty compression arrangement that really holds. Parts are perfectly cut. The surface is melamine, which resists sticking to resins (recommend spraying the whole thing with mold release prior to use to enhance non-stick properties). The middle shelf is removable, and fits much better than I'd thought - not easy to tip. I can't wait to get out there and start casting again.

Thanks for the great and affordable product.

BeeAMaker

THANKS!

Folks I just assembled mine and this is a great unit for the money! Far sturdier than I'd have thought, due to well-chosen hardware. I'd expected simple screws that would tear out if not glued, instead they provide a nifty compression arrangement that really holds. Parts are perfectly cut. The surface is melamine, which resists sticking to resins (recommend spraying the whole thing with mold release prior to use to enhance non-stick properties). The middle shelf is removable, and fits much better than I'd thought - not easy to tip. I can't wait to get out there and start casting again.

Thanks for the good Review! And great idea with the Mold release.
If you want to prevent resin from getting into the "Pressure Pot Caddy" etching, just turn the shelf upside down. :)

vmsherp

THANKS!

Thanks for the good Review! And great idea with the Mold release.

If you want to prevent resin from getting into the "Pressure Pot Caddy" etching, just turn the shelf upside down. :)

Good idea - I hear the voice of experience in it. Lol. What's really needed is a heated unit as casting at 8000 feet in the Colorado Rockies gets pretty sketchy in winter. Most blocks get a little help in a toaster oven....

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

BeeAMaker

tomted62

Got mine on Thursday. Easy to assemble and the pieces fit like a glove. Did 2 batches of blanks on Friday and it worked perfectly. Highly recommend this product to anyone that does casting.

jbg230

Excellent product. Fits 2.5 gallon Binks pot with flat surface installed in bottom of pot. (Just makes it) No obstruction with 90 degree diverter installed under lid.
Not only would I definitely recommend this product, but the seller is excellent to work with.
Thank you!

BeeAMaker

Here is a sneak peek at what I have been working on. This Idea was given to me by Hanau on these forums - THANKS!. I thought it was a great idea So I'm investigating the possibilities. I have made a couple blanks using PVC pipe before, but larger. I did a few pine cone blanks using 2" PVC. Works pretty good.

For these I intend to provide the tubes, the Stoppers and the center shelf with holes. I'm testing my stopper design now, gotta make sure it don't leak.

(and yes, CrashmanS, a 3rd shelf is in the works also ;)

BlankTray.jpg

CrashmanS

Here is a sneak peek at what I have been working on. This Idea was given to me by Hanau on these forums - THANKS!. I thought it was a great idea So I'm investigating the possibilities. I have made a couple blanks using PVC pipe before, but larger. I did a few pine cone blanks using 2" PVC. Works pretty good.

For these I intend to provide the tubes, the Stoppers and the center shelf with holes. I'm testing my stopper design now, gotta make sure it don't leak.

(and yes, CrashmanS, a 3rd shelf is in the works also ;)

BlankTray.jpg
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

BeeAMaker

I have the dual shelf Caddy now for pre-order. I will ship by the end of the week if not sooner. The MakerHive - PPCv2
Note: If you are interested in the vertical casting system also, It should be ready early next week and will be an option to include with the dual shelf or by itself.

If you already have a single shelf Caddy - you can upgrade it to the 2 self here (sorry no pics yet) The MakerHive - PPC upgrade Kit
And for this week only - free shipping on the upgrade Kit only. If you order anything else with it normal shipping will apply. Give you guys a chance to upgrade without paying shipping twice :)

Vertical casting system coming and more!

Thanks!

southernclay

I have the dual shelf Caddy now for pre-order. I will ship by the end of the week if not sooner. The MakerHive - PPCv2
Note: If you are interested in the vertical casting system also, It should be ready early next week and will be an option to include with the dual shelf or by itself.

If you already have a single shelf Caddy - you can upgrade it to the 2 self here (sorry no pics yet) The MakerHive - PPC upgrade Kit
And for this week only - free shipping on the upgrade Kit only. If you order anything else with it normal shipping will apply. Give you guys a chance to upgrade without paying shipping twice :)

Vertical casting system coming and more!

Thanks!

Hi I just saw this, I would like to upgrade with the second shelf but not showing free shipping. Can I still get it?
Thanks,
Warren

BeeAMaker

Because a few of you have missed the free shipping deal on the upgrade - I am extending it until 12/6/17 so be sure to get your order in, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom