Preimum Burl, Extreme Figure, Rare and Unique Pen Blanks Buy 4 Get 1 Free Sale!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hotblanks

Sorry for any confusion. Aside for Pine burl and Turkish Walnut, these are not lots. I have anywhere from 25-100 of very similar blanks. I hand select them so what what you see in the photos will be equal to or better than you see.

Sorry for any confusion.

I'm new to the IAP so why not start with a IAP only sale!! Buy 4 blanks and get one more free!!! Yes, I will mix and match if you request. 100% money back including shipping if you are not happy with any of my blanks.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
#1 Premium Lace Redwood Burl. Lots of tight burl eyes and figure. I've turned several of these myself and they look great with a CA or other high-gloss finish. 5 1/8"x7/8" $4.50 each.
<o:p></o:p>
#2 Pine Burl. I've never seen anything like this in Pine before. The blanks are graded A, B, C, or D. A grade show good pin on both sides. B grade, good on one side and a little less on the other. C and D grades show the least amount of pin. 5 1/8"x 3/4" 4 lots, $20 each.
#3 Very Rare English Elm Burl. A very beautiful wood with nice burl in interesting grain. Pens from the mixed heartwood/sapwood or all sapwood blanks are for sure my favorite and my top seller. CA filling will need to be done as the blank is being turned but the results are well worth it. I can send you instructions on how I turn these blanks. 2 sizes, 5 1/8"x3/4" $5 and 5 1/8" $6 each.
#4 Pomelle Red Elm. The photos just don't do this wood justice. The grain is very tight and swirly. They also have burl like figure. Much easier to turn than the English Elm. Some minor filling may be needed. 5 1/8"x13/16" $4 each.
#5 Extreme Figured Blue Gum Eucalyptus. The photo is a little over exposed, the wood is more white than it appears. Intense wavy fiddleback that shows very well. Very dense and take a high polish. This wood was extremely difficult to dry. It would warp, twist and check like crazy. I end up losing about 90% just to get clean pen blanks but the pens end up beautiful. 2 sizes, 5"x3/4" $3.75 and 5"x a hair under 7/8" $4
#6 Figured Pink Eucalyptus. More pink than the photo shows. Another one of my top selling pens. Very dense and take a high polish. 5 1/8"x7/8" $3.50 each.
#7 Maple Burl. Lots of burl eyes and figure. The blank on the far left should not be in the photo as it a lower quality. 5 1/8"x7/8" $4 each. Nearly out of stock.
#8 Flame Redwood Burl. Very large eyes for Redwood burl that in many of the blanks look like flames. I really like the look of these blank and look forward to turning one soon. 5"x7/8" $4.25 each.
#9 Extreme Figured Bastogne Walnut. This wood looks like exhibition grade Koa but with better color. Figure shows on all sides unlike normal curl. The center blank is all sapwood, the others are heartwood. 5"x13/16" $4.50 each.
#10 Exhibition Grade Turkish Walnut. Very beautiful and dense blanks. Some will have crotch figure and some are diagonal cut. The photo was taken without a wetting agent, the figure and color will show much better with a finish is applied. I have a total of 3 nearly identical lots of this wood. This lot is 3/4"x5 1/8". The other 2 lots are closer to 7/8". $45 per lot.
#11 Well I'm out of photos but if you would like to see some photos of my other pen and stopper blanks, send me a PM or Email.
Some blanks I have sanded and misted with alcohol so you can better see the figure and give you a better idea how a finished pen may look like.

I ship at cost, Priority mail small flat rate box or larger flat rate box if needed.<o:p></o:p>
Please let me know if you have any questions.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks, Randy.<o:p></o:p>

Attachments

• 1redwood.jpg
    1redwood.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 2pineburl.JPG
    2pineburl.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 3englishelmburl.JPG
    3englishelmburl.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 4redelm.JPG
    4redelm.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 5bluegumeuc.JPG
    5bluegumeuc.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 6pinkeuc.JPG
    6pinkeuc.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 7mapleburl.JPG
    7mapleburl.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 8flameredwood.JPG
    8flameredwood.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 9superbastogne.JPG
    9superbastogne.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 10turkish.JPG
    10turkish.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Randy, I'll take all of #3 and all of #9.
Send me your paypal and I'll get a payment to you.
Thanks ,
Mike

hotblanks

Sorry for any confusion. I'm new to this site and may not know how things work. I'm sorry for any confusion. The only lots I have are for the Pine burl and Turkish Walnut. All other blanks, #1-#9 are a sample of what you should expect to receive, if not better. I stand behind the photos and hand select the blanks to make sure you will be happy. If the blanks are of a lower quality, they will not be shipped.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Lucky2 and Mick. Since I took the photos today, I can fill you orders exactly as seen. If you want more, you can expect the same quality or better. Sorry for any confusion. Please PM me.

Last edited:

Lucky2

Randy, to top my order up to 12 blanks so that I recievce 3 free ones, would you please add 3 nice Maple Burl blanks to my order? Then if possible I'd like for my free blanks to be something other then what I've already ordered. As soon as I get a total amount owing and you paypal info I'll make good on payment. Thanks
Len

mick

Randy. I'll still take 6 of the English Elm Burl and 6 of the Bastogne Walnut. Let me know a total and an email.
Thanks.
Mike

propencity

Randy,
If you have anymore of the following, I would like 2 of each:

English Elm Burl that have sap and heartwood
Flame Redwood
Pomelle Red Elm

Please send paypal info. Thanks.

dl351

Can I get the following:

2 pieces of #4 Pomelle Red Elm
4 pieces of
#6 Figured Pink Eucalyptus

Please PM payment info and total. Thanks!

BSea

I'll take:
3 of the English elm burl.
3 of the Pomelle Red Elm
3 of the
Flame Redwood Burl
3 of the
Extreme Figured Bastogne Walnut.

You can surprise me on the free blanks. :)

Thanks

Last edited:

hotblanks

I still have plenty of all of the blanks including all 3 Pine burl lots and surprisingly, the amazing Turkish Walnut. PMs sent to all.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks, Randy.

greggas

Randy

If you have any more of the following that are similar to your posted pics I' ll take:
10 English elm
5 Poemelle red elm
5 maple burl
10 Extreme Figured Bastogne Walnut

I'll wait for pm total and paypal info

Thanks

DonHo

I'd like 4 of the redwood lace burl and 4 of the flame redwood burl. You can surprise me with the 2 free blanks.

PM me with payment details and total including shipping and I'll get the payment right out to you.

Thanks,
DonHo

RK1468

I would like 3 of the redwood lace burl, 3 of the red elm, and 2 of the bastogne walnut. Please surprise me with the 2 extras. Thanks!

philb

Hi,
Can I get;

6 Maple Burl
6 Blue Gum Eucalyptus (3/4")
8 Bastogne Walnut

Let me know what I owe and whether it'll fit in a Small Flat rate! And surprise me with the rest, just not Elm Burr as I'm in England anyway!

Cheers

Last edited:

Carl Fisher

I'll take:

4 (+1 free) of #1 Premium Lace Redwood Burl blanks
4 (+1 free) of #8 Flame Redwood Burl blanks

Please PM me payment details and total with shipping.

gandsande

1 x Flame Redwood Burl
2 x Figured Pink Eucalyptus
2 x Figured Blue Gum Eucalyptus 3/4
1 x English Elm Burl 3/4
2 x Pomelle Red Elm

if possible the extras could be english elm burl and pink eucalyptus

Please PM with total to ship to NY 13669

DonHo

I received a PM from him and paid through Pay-pal. I haven't heard from him, didn't receive the blanks nor a reply to the PMs I sent asking if there was a problem. I have opened a dispute through Pay-Pal.

Don

gandsande

i have sent 2 Pms after posting in the add with still no reply. Must be out of town or having some kind of issue. I have not yet recieved Pay pal and amount confirm so not the end of the world for me, they would be nice to get still though.

I do hope all is well with him.

Greg

BSea

I hate to hear this. I received mine in a timely manner, and the blanks are nice. He even sent me a few more freebies just to fill up the box. Hopefully it's just a problem with his e-mail or something similar.

Lucky2

I'm in the same boat, I haven't recieved my blanks yet, but I did make payment on the 27th of Aug. I haven't laid a claim in with Pay-Pal yet, because I trust Randy plus he had to ship them to Canada and it takes longer to get here. So it takes a little longer to start a claim, that is if one ever needs to be started.
Len

Last edited:

dl351

I'm in the same boat here. Payment sent two weeks ago and no word or blanks. I doubt it's shipping time also, as I live about 2 hours from his posted location. Darn... I was looking forward to these blanks, so I hope all is ok and everyone gets their blanks here!

Top Bottom