Mercury Premium CA - Made in USA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robertkulp

I have used several different brands of CA over the years, including BSI, but haven't found any better than the CA from Mercury Adhesives in Atlanta, GA. I like it so much than I've started selling it at a price point that's better than other premium CA's and even a lot of the cheaper brands.

I realize that you might have not heard of Mercury Adhesives, but it's been a major manufacturer for a number of years, primarily producing OEM products for other companies and targeting the RC Plane market for their own brands.

Mercury has a full line of CA products for gluing tubes to creating fabulous finishes. Thin, Medium, Low Odor/Low Fume, and even a unique High Performance CA that is engineered for increased adhesion, such as gluing tubes into oily wood like Cocobolo (it produces a great high-gloss finish, too). Their activator is based on Heptane and is a fairly mild accelerator. This glue will not produce the shattered glass problems that plague others.

While the normal shelf life for their Thin & Medium CA is two years, Mercury offers an unconditional lifetime guarantee on all of their CA products.

I'm selling it under the supplies section of my pen web site at Penmaker's Supplies · Robert Kulp Creations and I'll take orders on IAP, too.

Thin 2oz for $6.50 and 8oz for $22.00
Medium 2oz for $6.50 and 8oz for $22.00
High Performance 1oz for $8.25
Low Odor/Low Fume 1oz for $11.00
Accelerator (Heptane) 2oz Pump for $3.75 and 8oz Pump for $10.50

There is an additional $6.80 for USPS Flat Rate postage. If I can ship it for less, I'll only charge for my actual costs.

I've had to reorder twice from Facebook sales, where it has been received with rave reviews. Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Mercury's web site is at Mercury Adhesives | Made in the USA!

** Note: Due to the Post Office increasing postage rates on 01/17/2016, I've changed postage costs to USPS Small Flat Rate. If I can ship if for less, then you'll pay for just my actual shipping costs. **

Attachments

• M5T.jpg
    M5T.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 180
  • M300M.jpg
    M300M.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 230
  • M100XF.jpg
    M100XF.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 199
  • M100F.jpg
    M100F.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 190
  • MH16.jpg
    MH16.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Mercury Warranty Blog.jpg
    Mercury Warranty Blog.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Made in the USA.png
    Made in the USA.png
    86 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robertkulp

For years, Stick-Fast has had a bad reputation for cracking like shattered glass, sometimes shortly after finishing, sometimes after several months. Mercury won't do that. I've never had any problems with it yellowing, either. I trust Mercury CA for my Slimlines and my pens that cost several hundred dollars.

I've heard from several on FB who have tried it and have been amazed at how easily it applies and how good of a finish it provides compared to their previous CA. One had used Stick-Fast, Starbond, and BSI, but gave them all up once he tried Mercury.

Quality Pen

Thanks.

I have had great success with CA but even with impeccable technique, I'm not sure there is anything an end user can do to help it if the CA is not UV resistant or whatever they do to prevent yellowing.

Have you ever tested the applied glue (pen or anything) in extended periods of sunlight?

robertkulp

I left my pen case open while in front of a west-facing window. Sat there for about a week before I realized it was getting blasted by the afternoon sun, but didn't have any issues.

wyone

I was surprised you are not carrying any of their thick viscosity. I use thick to glue tubes in with great success. I know others will say I should use epoxy or the like, but I really have had success with thick. Do you intend to carry it ever?

endacoz

I was surprised you are not carrying any of their thick viscosity. I use thick to glue tubes in with great success. I know others will say I should use epoxy or the like, but I really have had success with thick. Do you intend to carry it ever?

I was thinking the same thing. I use thick with no issues as well. Stick fast brand

robertkulp

A couple of notes...
1) I use $2 per item shipping to match Amazon, but it thpically costs me a little more more. When it reaches a point that Flat Rate is cheaper for me, I'll use it. It's still a slight loss for me. If the shipping paid ends up being more than my costs (hasn't yet) I'll credit back the overage. This keeps shipping rates for you as low as possible.
2) I have thick on order, but it will be the first week of February before it arrives. Personally, I use medium for tubes, but thick is on the way for those who prefer it.

I'll also be reordering Abranet and will post another ad when everything comes in.

Thanks for the comments.

Top Bottom