Merbau and Molave wood offering, beautiful exotic wood last turning stock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shirlzbiz

Banned
This would probably be my last offering for now, for a couple weeks at least, just cleaning out the rest of my shop, I am offering 5 blocks of Merbau, all are completely dry and ready for turning and contain not a single crack, this wood is used for primarily for knives and for expensive hardwood flooring, it was actually the wood that was used in the construction of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, it is highly durable and has a beautiful straight grain pattern with streaks of Gold, you will rarely if ever find this species being sold in turning block form in the U.S. market. My pictures are not the best, due to it being an iPad camera and there is a reflection on the image from the sealer on the wood, however I have included a picture of a what it would look like finished as well as a close up of the grain pattern, this is the exact grain pattern you will be receiving from me and can expect.

My second offering is a hardwood called Molave, I have three of these beautiful blocks, all completely dry and ready for use, this is a very durable hardwood and a rare species, it is also the heartwood from where Molave burl originates from. You will probably not find this species on the market often. Popular in the use of knives, hardwood flooring, so forth.

If you enjoy working with exotic species or want to explore species out of the box, no pun intended, I highly recommend these, they would make excellent pens and are excellent for making segmented blanks. My asking prices are low, so beautiful wood for a great price and so therefore you could probably yield many projects out of them.

4 x 1 1/2 x 12 inches - Quantity 3 - Molave $16 each
3 x 3 1/2 x 19 1/4 inches - Quantity 2 - Merbau $25 each
3 x 3 1/2 x 12 inches - Quantity 3 - Merbau $16 each

(First three images are of Merbau, last two images are of Molave)

These would be excellent pieces for that special project of yours :)

My shipping is low $12 only, and these are slightly heavy pieces, if you decide you would like more than one piece, additional $4 per item only. I will cover shipping if it goes over, item will be shipped promptly via USPS Priority Mail and tracking number will be given to you. Thank you to all of my former and current customers, fellow members and friends on this forum.

Shirley

Attachments

• Merbau.jpg
    Merbau.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 1,211
  • Merbau one.jpg
    Merbau one.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • Merbau two.jpg
    Merbau two.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 375
  • Molave.jpg