Logwood burl, casting bits, and more

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacrapelje

I have a large flat rate box full of casting scraps, mostly brown mallee but some other woods like logwood, red mallee, and more. Price is $65 bucks shipped

One group of logwood burl blanks some defects that you can see but all nice rare central american hardwood. Very nice burl eyes and orange- red color. Cell phone picture is not great. $25

I have a few more brown mallee burl blanks all cut from one large burl. These have been cut over 10 years are dry and have the tightest eyes of any burl I have seen. 4.00 each

Any interest in larger figured maple blanks? I have quite a few blocks that are music grade both curly and some quilted if people want sizes. I have some 2 x 2x 5-6 and larger down to pen blank sizes. I will make you a good deal and will get a picture tomorrow.

I have a some black olive burl blanks, some super curly koa and some regular koa, I forgot to picture but if you are looking to try some other woods let me know and I can put a box together for you.

Attachments

• casting box1.jpg
    casting box1.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 235
  • logwood1.jpg
    logwood1.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 263
  • brown mallee.jpg
    brown mallee.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

curly koa and maple pictures

Some of you have asked about pictures of the maple burl and curly koa. Here they are.
The first is a curly koa stabilized knife block that would yield two curly koa pens. It is as curly as I have seen koa. I also have larger blocks of curly koa up to 2 x 6 x 12. I also have lots of 2x2x 6 and 1 x 2 x 6 as you can see in the photos 3,4. This is from a very large 6 ft in diameter tree that had to be removed. It has some very interesting colors and spalt. $6 each for extra size 3/4+ blanks. The maple burl (last picture) is slightly under 3/4 but have more larger blanks.

Attachments

• curly koa pen blank stabilized.jpg
    curly koa pen blank stabilized.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 168
  • curly koa 1.jpg
    curly koa 1.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 142
  • a1small.jpg
    a1small.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 158
  • aaa koa 2 small.jpg
    aaa koa 2 small.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 156
  • maple burl .jpg
    maple burl .jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Rolandranch

Hi David. "PM sent" just means is that a person has messaged the seller. As long as an item is not marked "sold" it is most likely still available. Hope this helps and sorry for any confusion.

P.S. I checked out your website. Awesome work!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom