Kamagong Ebony Blanks Discounted Low Price Last Stock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi Everyone,

This is my last stock of Kamagong Ebony. 17 pieces available 2 x 1 3/4 x 18" This will yield about 12 beautiful pen blanks or for any other project you desire. All are kiln dried and contain no cracks. $15 each only, highly discounted price. Shipping is only $6 each with a tracking number provided to you and will ship promptly via USPS Priority Mail within 24 hours of receiving PayPal payment. If multiple pieces purchased $2 per additional piece only.

Thank you,

Laurence

Attachments

• 1F9876A3-A5BB-4A06-BBBF-F053C29C320F.jpg
    1F9876A3-A5BB-4A06-BBBF-F053C29C320F.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 301
  • BD4970F9-9D13-47EE-88BE-55687A472682.jpg
    BD4970F9-9D13-47EE-88BE-55687A472682.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 248
  • E4293F5F-022E-4F69-954C-3705AE1DC14B.jpg
    E4293F5F-022E-4F69-954C-3705AE1DC14B.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Hmmmmm is right, one doesn't look much like the other. And they do not look anything like the ones shown in the picture. I wonder what the ones others ordered looked like, like these or like those in the picture?
Len

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
The light is sapwood, of course. Are the pieces all sap, or just the edges? You have to be careful with colors in digital photos, it is easy to create or perceive the wrong impression!

Gwatson50

Thanks. There is also some void in one of the blanks. The sap wood ranges from about 25%-50% of the three pieces ... the other 2 pieces are fine. I'll make use of the wood. I really posted this as a cautionary tale for this seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Talk to the seller... I don't know the gentleman, let him know you're unhappy and that your material wasn't even close to the photos he posted. Don't assume he is aware of the activity in this thread. All my email from the IAP was bouncing and I didn't know, just recently I woke up and realized I should be getting notifications and fixed it. I was really embarrassed when I looked at my untimely responses, because even though I asked for email contact some people used PM and again I didn't get notified. Try the email option, if he allows email from here.

Lucky2

The light is sapwood, of course. Are the pieces all sap, or just the edges? You have to be careful with colors in digital photos, it is easy to create or perceive the wrong impression!

lol Rich, did you check out the picture? What is your perception of the wood shown compared to the wood received? I do know about sapwood, but it should have been mentioned in the ad, or at least shown.
Len

With all due respect, I apologize but I mentioned I had 17 pieces available and the picture I posted was of some of the 17 pieces remaining. I can also post here emails I received from four different buyers who were extremely satisfied with the beautiful wood to the contrary of George's disatisfaction. In my listing it was already understood you would be receiving of same or like quality. George intentionally flipped over the three pieces to make it seem dramatic that I gave him all sapwood when it was only 20% of the blank. Also, sapwood is not considered reject or waste product it is an inherent design of this species, all of you critical should google this species Diospyros blancoi to know what to expect as I'm assuming it may have been the first time for some of you to work with this species. Please don't gang up on me for the mere fact that I'm a new member if that is part of the case. I joined this forum as a new member to build friendships and promote and share my beautiful wood to make it available for others and look forward to repeat customers and dealings and the last thing on my mind is to hoodwink someone. Gary from Melbourne comment is alittle exteme as if I sold George a total complete waste of wood

I'm not upset at George I appreciate his business but I just have to defend myself as scubaman mentioned I didn't realize George thought I had a shortcoming with my wood and now everyone is piling on me, as George mentioned he could make use of the wood I didn't send him a total waste of a product, I apologize for the one void in one piece George but as far as some with sapwood that is just inherent of Kamagong if you google it's finished products or the species, this is considered an ironwood and even the sap is used and is just as dense as it adds character to the ebony

Last edited:
Earl McLain <greenacres2012@gmail.com>
To Laurence Abejo <laurenceabejo@yahoo.com>
Monday, May 7, 2018 2:37 PM
Click to View Full HTML
Laurence,
Blanks arrived in the mail today--that is beautiful wood!! I'll make a favorable post in your ad tonight when I get home. It is more dense than the Texas Ebony I've been working with. It will be hard to let it acclimate before turning--I nearly started prepping a blank during my lunch break. Thanks for the "bonus" blank as well--it's a big one!!
earl

greenacres2

Yes, ordered 3, got them quickly and all were very nice. Turned one before I left for the weekend...polished and assembled last night, and other than my finish leaving something to be desired--the pen was beautiful. It was my first ebony other Texas Ebony, and very dark, so i'm not happy with the lack of luster that my finishing technique left.

That said, when two-tone or sap transition is part of the product, it would be wise to include photos representing that as well. I like the transitions, some people do not. Representative photos would have helped in this case.

earl

hokie

Hi Laurence (or "Louie"?),
I am one of the folks who wanted to purchase from you and thought I might share some of my thoughts.
I had issues from nearly the very moment I made the purchase request...

Red flag #1 - Immediate payment information to be sent to someone other than yourself (your "business partner") and a promise of shipping information within 24 hours. No shipping information ever sent, even after repeated requests. I still gave you benefit of the doubt.

Red flag #2 - A quick search for the same species of wood being sold on the forums reveals this awfully similar thread from several years ago: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f167/kamagong-philippine-ebony-rare-perfect-pen-blank-sizes-80217/
Is it a coincidence that the username in that thread (also *banned*) is reeeaaally close to the name of the person you asked us to send funds to and from the same metro area? Also reports of very inferior product. To be fair, also some praise, but it's clear that what you're displaying for sale and what you're shipping are often quite different.

Red flag #3: Being told my order was on its way, but that you had a family emergency. I was to expect the shipping information in short order after you "grab tracking number from car". The next day I received a PM that I actually would not be getting the order and instead would get a refund because you wanted to have a good relationship with the forum and your customers.

Bonus red flag: creating accounts and selling within days... juuust like the previously posted link.

I count myself as quite lucky to have received a refund instead of a bait and switch. NONE of the wood you picture shows any hint of sap wood or voids and yet you went on about the beauty and quality of the wood we'd receive. Don't act like a victim. Make things right by refunding or replacing the product with the quality you promised.

Last edited:
Hokie,

I'm not Louie contrary to your suspicion and we never had a transaction, what you had sent me payment for and I couldn't provide I promptly gave you a full refund no hassles or excuses so you don't have a valid reason to put your two cents here other than to bad mouth me. If I took your money and ran that would be a different situation. I gave a valid reason and apologized if George or anyone felt mislead and for failing to be more precise in my listing but you don't have to tear down people or me, especially when we had no transaction and I returned your money promptly since I was out of stock already. You don't need to jump on the bandwagon hokie I'm not looking to argue on this forum, I'm not even an argumentative person I only apologized and explained my side and if I had a shortcoming.

Gwatson50

Laurence: you are not being honest with the members on this site... you showed items w/o sapwood and declared the buyer can get twelve pen blanks per piece... I have seen very nice pens made with some sapwood showing... but it's not what I do and With 3/5 of the pieces having 25%, 30% and 50% sapwood respectively there is no way to get twelve ebony colored blanks from them. I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just didn't understand pen making but now I believe you intentionally misrepresented your product.

George

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Earl as you can read above said I should have just showed or mentioned that two tone was a possibility or some sap. At least he said it in a manner that is of constructive criticism and advice, not in an unprofessional way or that might hurt a person. As far as hokie mentioning why don't I make things right or do something to appease George, George hasn't contacted me, instead he went straight to the forum board. George is welcome to message me if there is something I can do or email me in regards to his concern. I don't login here everyday and I wouldn't have known there was even a problem as scubaman mentioned if I didn't happen to click on this link.

George, I'm refunding you $69 right now. You can go ahead and keep all the wood and your money. Don't return anything to me. I'm only keeping the $20 for my shipping costs and time because I felt I sent it to you in good intention and now you are claiming I didn't. This is a gentleman gesture on my part to end the squabble and bickering. So let it be on all of you that are quick to pass judgement on a person. I believe in karma. Even if you haven't asked me for your money back or a partial discount you can just go ahead and keep my wood and your money George.

George,

Everyone can click on the first page of this thread, I posted a screen shot that I refunded you $69 for the full price of the wood and it's yours to keep. I hope you are satisfied now and the fellow members bashing me and it's on all of your conscience because it's not about the money for me or making a quick buck, you guys can keep your money if that's the mentality of the people I'm transacting with on here. Not all of you but those who have been quick to judge and accuse, Have a great week

Top Bottom