GRR-Ripper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Racer3770

For Sale is a gently used GRR-Ripper push block. I bought this on Amazon for $60 and I thought I would use it more.

$45 shipped in the US to a good home.

14972455616efe3ffcbbf0e7c3be4249.jpg
fa1760f6ca3f2c5660c1f838eee23cbd.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Not being cheeky, but why would I want one of those instead of the usual push-stick ?

More4dan

I have one and the advantage is it controls the wood on both sides of the blade while keeping your hands clear. Especially useful for smaller pieces. I used for ripping 1/4"-3/8" knife scales from a 3/4" thick material.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Racer3770

Not being cheeky, but why would I want one of those instead of the usual push-stick ?

It's actually kind of nice for flat work. You can apply pressure to the piece from three different angles against the fence without putting your fingers near the blade. It worked well for larger pieces. It didn't work as well for cutting slabs of alumilite (which is why I bought it haha). I only used it twice so it's pretty new.

magpens

OK, thanks .... I should have a look at the company website.

Last edited:

It's actually kind of nice for flat work. You can apply pressure to the piece from three different angles against the fence without putting your fingers near the blade. It worked well for larger pieces. It didn't work as well for cutting slabs of alumilite (which is why I bought it haha). I only used it twice so it's pretty new.

Interesting, I think mine is great for cutting PR blanks (although I usually cast cylindrical blanks), I wouldn't think of using anything else. The security you get from having your hand away from the blade and securing the stock on both sides of the blade is well worth what they cost. I've safely ripped 1/4" strips for segmented pieces and have also bought the 1/8" attachment for even smaller rips.

Top Bottom