The End of my Brazilian Rosewood - Pre-Ban $450 lot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RBcarving

Lot of true Brazilian Rosewood. Would like to sell as one batch. All Pre-ban, from the 80s. Lot was verified (letter upon request) at USC in 2011. Ive been cutting and selling for knife scales, turning blacks, guitar bridge pieces, etc for several years. Due to joints & some health issues, I just cant deal with cutting up and piecing out.

Of the dark heartwood, there is over 6.5 bd/ft at full thickness(15/16") in straight line cuts... quite a bit more if you figure all the tapers and thinner pieces. Finishes very dark, some can be mistaken for ebony once worked.
Narrowest piece (upper left) is over 1-1/8" wide.

The pile on the far right is more towards the sapwood, thus much lighter in color, though I see a lot of this quality sold as #1 on Ebay. Good pieces but not the dark, old growth color we see on the dark wood. another 2+ bd/ft in this pile.

The heartwood has very nice tap tone, if there are any luthier types that are interested. Lots of money to be made if you have the time & energy to cut to size. For reference, the tabletop is 3' x 5'.

$450, shipped in the USA. - Paypal. PIOG

Attachments

• wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 195
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 171
  • wood3.jpg
    wood3.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 144
  • wood4.jpg