Chittum Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprung

Update: Pen Blanks and Blocks 2 & 4 are sold. Blocks 1 & 3 are still available.

Yes, the good and rare stuff! I told myself I wouldn't part with anymore of my stash of Chittum Burl, but it's doing me no good sitting on the shelf and collecting dust. This is one of my favorite woods and these blanks will make some stunning pens. Pictures doesn't do this stuff justice.

Chittum Burl Pen Blanks:

These are 3/4" x 3/4" x 5 3/4". The two short ones are 3 1/2" long. A couple might have a spot that is just a hair under 3/4" - close enough that I'd still call them 3/4", but don't want any surprises either. Not pictured is that two sides of each blank is coated with wood glue - these were cut from larger blocks and I have found wood glue to be a great sealer for drying burls that I don't want to crack (and is easier to sand off and remove than wax if I need to remove the sealer).

5 3/4" blanks are $13/each
3 1/2" blanks are $9/each

Chittum Burl Blocks:

These are at least 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 5 3/4". One does taper down to a touch under 1 1/2" on the one end.

$50/each

Blocks 2 & 4 Sold.

Payment by PayPal. Prices do not include shipping.

Attachments

• CBFS1.jpg
    CBFS1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 333
  • CBFS2.jpg
    CBFS2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sprung

Pen blanks sold to Mal. Thanks, Mal!

Blocks still available. If someone wants the blocks, but needs them cut down into a different size or pen blanks, I can cut them on the bandsaw for you.

Last edited:

magpens

I would also like to claim the second and fourth blocks in the first picture, please.

I mentioned this to you Matt with my payment for the 12 pen blanks.

I would need the blocks cut into quarters, lengthwise, for pen blanks, four pen blanks from each block.

Please let me know if this is OK with you and please hold back on shipping until we get this sorted out. Thanks

Last edited:

Sprung

I would also like to claim the second and fourth blocks in the first picture, please.

I mentioned this to you Matt with my payment for the 12 pen blanks.

I would need the blocks cut into quarters, lengthwise, for pen blanks, four pen blanks from each block.

Please let me know if this is OK with you and please hold back on shipping until we get this sorted out. Thanks

Mal, you got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom